Options

pCINE or pCAM?!?!?

GuzzlerGuzzler Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited August 19, 2004 in Finishing School
Anyone use either or both of these programs for photography on their palm? pCINE or pCAM? Cinematography software developer of pCAM, pCINE and Eubank's Log for the PalmOS

I was on a site fix'n a guys computer. Turns out he's an actor, stunt man, camera man, director. I saw he had an open box of a DRebel, which I just recently picked up, and asked him if he knew of any good books, tips, etc about the camera. He HIGHLY recommended pCINE and pCAM. He uses them daily and says it saves him a boat load of time and effort for movies and still shots for setting up camera settings.

pCINE:
Calculates EXPOSURE (compensating for changes in Shutter Angles, Camera Speed,
Filter Factors, Emulsion Speeds, ND Filters, ASA-EI-DIN, Footcandles/Lux & Exposure Times),
RUNNING TIME TO FILM LENGTH, SHOOTING SPEED & SCREEN TIME, TIME LAPSE,
HMI (safe speeds & shutters), DIOPTER (power & focus distances),
MACRO (magnification factors, depth of field & stop corrections),
COLOR CORRECTION, SCENE ILLUMINATION & LIGHT COVERAGE and UNDERWATER DISTANCE
pCAM:
The Field-of-View, Aperture-Finder (for "splits"), Depth-of-Field and Hyperfocal-Distance calculator
with all common film, plus user-definable formats.

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2004
    With the DRebel, the D300? All that info????
    Guzzler wrote:
    Anyone use either or both of these programs for photography on their palm? pCINE or pCAM? Cinematography software developer of pCAM, pCINE and Eubank's Log for the PalmOS

I was on a site fix'n a guys computer. Turns out he's an actor, stunt man, camera man, director. I saw he had an open box of a DRebel, which I just recently picked up, and asked him if he knew of any good books, tips, etc about the camera. He HIGHLY recommended pCINE and pCAM. He uses them daily and says it saves him a boat load of time and effort for movies and still shots for setting up camera settings.

pCINE:

pCAM:
    Just wondering? I don't even understand it. Can the Rebel do it?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    GuzzlerGuzzler Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Just wondering? I don't even understand it. Can the Rebel do it?

ginger
    I downloaded and installed it. It is mainly for professional movie production. But there are settings for still photos. It doesn't interact with the camera (never designed to), but more of a "cheat sheet" guide for setting f stops, appature, exposure time, shutter speed, lighting, and more, much more.

I was trying to read an old photography book the other night, trying to get a grip on what I can do with the "creative" settings (they are about the same as with film cameras). I mentioned this to this guy, and asked if he had any recomendations for books, learning material, etc. He first said to get a UV filter for the lens (for a minimum to protect the EFS lens). Then he told me about the above software.

I never realized how much a professional photographer needs to keep in their head until I started playing with this software, and reading some the book I have. Looks like I have long, but fun, learning curve ahead of me. deal.gif