Options

Client Login/Logout Link

pipercreekphotographypipercreekphotography Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited September 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Anyone know how to get the Client Login/Logout feature? I need my clients to log in directly to their gallery like previously. www.pipercreekphotography.com the legacy link is javascript I believe. Please help. I want to get this new site done!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    CookieJay if you look at my current site www.pipercreekphotography.com and click on the clients link. You'll see that it is a pop-up window that has the client login. Using a tutorial on dgrin. The password was the clients gallery extension. . I would like to have a login feature where clients can come to the site and click a login button and enter a username/password to access their personal gallery.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited August 2, 2013
    Anyone know how to get the Client Login/Logout feature? I need my clients to log in directly to their gallery like previously. www.pipercreekphotography.com the legacy link is javascript I believe. Please help. I want to get this new site done!
    The code you were / are using on Legacy SmugMug uses Javascript and Javascript is not supported in the new SmugMug so that customization can't be moved to the new world. I have no idea if anyone is working on a non-javascript replacement.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2013
    The code you were / are using on Legacy SmugMug uses Javascript and Javascript is not supported in the new SmugMug so that customization can't be moved to the new world. I have no idea if anyone is working on a non-javascript replacement.

--- Denise
    NO JAVASCRIPT. I'm wondering what the crew at SM are thinking. These are still essential elements of webpage design.

Thanks Denise for the info.
  • Options
    elizabelizab Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Here's another vote for sorting out a new client login pop up feature to manage client access. Come on SmugMug, other providers (like Zenfolio) offer this functionality. Please come up with a work round to re-enable this functionality in the new SmugMug.
  • Options
    CAphotosCAphotos Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    elizab wrote: »
    Here's another vote for sorting out a new client login pop up feature to manage client access. Come on SmugMug, other providers (like Zenfolio) offer this functionality. Please come up with a work round to re-enable this functionality in the new SmugMug.

+1 for easy client log in functionality
  • Options
    printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Another +1. I would love to be able to give my clients a more streamlined way to view their portrait galleries. Sigh.
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
  • Options
    FredsouFredsou Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2013
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2013
    Voted at http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4261899-client-login-page
    Hoping smugmug will add this as a built in easy tool asap.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!