Options

Ordering photos, items that need review by SM...

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited December 6, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi, a comment and a request for looking into for SM:

1. I just ordered a single batch of 78 photos from a single private gallery on my website and it was very, very slow. Once you hit select all, I had to wait 10 mins to get to the next step in the order process. I did it twice just to test it, once this afternoon and once just now about 10:40 EST, same thing both times. The only way you can tell the system is not down is that the progress bar is now and then moving, very slowly. I’m running Comcast cable modem and have a constant 54.0 Mbps. I’m sure some people just don’t want to bother to order when it is this slow, either because it’s slow or they just don’t know what is happening. Smaller orders are faster, but it is still very slow compared to other photo order sites.

2. In step two, I’ve moved and hit Update to change info…this screen changed my info, but gives no way to get back to the order in progress. Hitting the back button means you have to go through all step one yet again…ugh.

3. Also in step two, clicking on use billing info on record does not carry over the credit card info that is stored and you can see on the billing info I just changed. This should carry over so that you don’t have re-enter it again. Also, the billing info, when you check to use what is on file, is grayed out so there is a blank field for credit card info that you can’t fill out! Either this should be populated with the credit card info or allow entry of the card number, currently, you don’t know what to do. In step 4, you find that the credit card info that you could not see did carry over.

Hope this feedback helps. Best, Shane

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2005
    Hi Shane,

Thanks so much for taking the time, and posting these observations and suggestions.

#1 - it's tough in the early part of the week - typically our busiest times - and cart performance is something we're keen on always improving - so thanks for this info.

#2 - I just tried that (never had to before, so I changed my info...).. I clicked "update info" and changed my phone number, clicked update there, and clicked "back" on my browser, until I was at the order info screen again. I did not go back to step 1, there was no need...Maybe it should be more intuitive? I'll bring that up for sure.

#3 - OK so I just now did the same thing as step 2, this time modding my credit card - and my address and then clicked "back" and when I clicked the box for "use current billing info on record" the new address info was there - the credit card field is blank and you shouldn't have to re-enter it, at least I didn't have to. I just went on to step 4.

I'll make sure that JT sees this, in case there's any tech things that he can suggest. Again, thanks for taking the time, we really appreciate the feedback!

All the best,