Did Dpreview overlook testing the R-1's AF?

nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited December 7, 2005 in Cameras
I could not find any reference to AF except one sentence in the conclusion.

Did I miss something? ( entirely possible with me ).

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• macwestmacwest Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2005
    The af stinks
    had it for three days the af was horrible indoors sent it back the box should say for outdoor use only.
  • nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2005
    R-1 return
    macwest wrote:
    had it for three days the af was horrible indoors sent it back the box should say for outdoor use only.
    I have my S9000 as an update to my F-828, due to it taking so long for Sony to update the f-828.
    I shot a wedding with my F-828 and in the hall, they, without telling me, shut off al the lights for a Candle Ceremony.
    Took about 25 shots with the hologram and every shot was in focus.

When I learned the R-1 had no hologram, I said to my self 'How Stupid of Sony".

With your report I will stay away from the R-1 and hope if other manufacturers use the R-1 chip they will make a camera that is made to take pics indoors as well.

Regards Nicholas
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2005
    Hologram assist *is* a sweet feature
    I agree: low-light indoor shooting is next to impossible without at least some sort of distance reading. In dSLRs you may luck out with better OVF or distance marks on the lens itself, but with LCD/EVF only - man, forget about it. 828 was a killer camera in that sense (at least when no security was around, since they *did* got nervous when the laser beams were flashing:-). The assistance orange light on R1 does not seem to be effective beyond 10-20 ft..ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"