Options

[Implemented]Delete Button for Quick Settings in New SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    mrlouiemrlouie Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Heya Ande,

It is on our radar. The product team has this in their hands. I noted this earlier in the thread.

work in old version no problem, what's the hold up ?
    "Custom Cars & Beautiful Girls Make The World A Better Place"
  • Options
    kdeadwylierkdeadwylier Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 24, 2013
    Please add a delete or overwrite button.
  • Options
    LinhLinh Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    I'm rather surprised the voting is really low =/ This "feature" needs a revamp for better management in general.
    vote on the following smugmug feedback:
    CSS Block To Flow Down To Children Folders/Pages/Galleries
    [URL="http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/1104583-a-bulk-
    gallery-download-button-for-my-visitors"]bulk download option for clients[/URL]
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Linh wrote: »
    I'm rather surprised the voting is really low.

Some of us used up our votes a long time ago on the feedback site...I wish I had some votes to use! Smugmug claims that you'll get your votes back once they implement the feedback idea, but it seems that they've never implemented any of mine. I wish they'd given us a new wad of votes to spend when the new Smugmug rolled out.

But I definitely agree that the Quick Settings feature needs to be improved - allow delete - allow overwrite - expand them so you can actually see their full names.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    pbandj wrote: »
    Some of us used up our votes a long time ago on the feedback site...I wish I had some votes to use! Smugmug claims that you'll get your votes back once they implement the feedback idea, but it seems that they've never implemented any of mine. I wish they'd given us a new wad of votes to spend when the new Smugmug rolled out.

But I definitely agree that the Quick Settings feature needs to be improved - allow delete - allow overwrite - expand them so you can actually see their full names.

Same here!
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Understood. Your voices here also play a role in the prioritization. I will keep you posted on this.
  • Options
    MotoriderMotorider Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    I voted, but don't see it there anywhere/anymore. I can see the concept of allowing votes & feedback as some form of measurement tool (as I saw argued in another forum). But I think it needs to be further refined because to me, it's confusing (limited votes, whether I should spend time posting feedback with my vote, posting in this forum or emailing for support) because I don't know which will net the best result (for myself & others). Basically, I see that almost every user is interested in helping improve SM in some way. What we need is a simple way to find & understand what's happening. Please try & find a way to simplify & streamline the process of reporting, identifying & following progress on problems & upgrades. It's very frustrating to spend hours online searching through forums & posts to find something that MIGHT be helpful, especially since you have taken away your chat service (and don't offer phone support).

I still believe all the posts listed here prove this is still a much needed repair.
  • Options
    taylowataylowa Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2013

I don't know why it matters if it is on the feedback site, does it get looked at by admins? Some items I've seen out there for 3+ years haven't had responses from them.

This is a major +5 and also the ability to read all the name is another +5.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    taylowa wrote: »
    I don't know why it matters if it is on the feedback site, does it get looked at by admins? Some items I've seen out there for 3+ years haven't had responses from them.

This is a major +5 and also the ability to read all the name is another +5.

+5

Cheers,
  • Options
    TheBradfordTheBradford Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2013
    Motorider wrote: »
    I just voted too, this problem seems pretty obvious to me & imagine it's just a matter of time before they get to it. I know this probably belongs in another forum, but I also think that we should not be limited to 12 votes, otherwise we may not be able to vote for multiple items which we think are important.

+10000
    How is this not possible! Ugh so frustrating as I have now two quick settings with the same (almost the same) name and the window doesn't say the full setting name so I don't know which is which and therefore need to create a third one!
    Bradford

edited November 16, 2013
    BUMP

PS - I can't seem to get my quick settings to save the part about boutique packaging correctly. Whenever I select a quick setting, it changes Boutique Packaging to NO, even if I KNOW I set it to yes in that quick setting. And of course, since I can't delete quick settings, now I have way too many different ones saved trying to fix this problem.
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2013
    PS - I can't seem to get my quick settings to save the part about boutique packaging correctly

In another topic, a SmugMug dev mentioned that the Quick Settings don't support a bunch of the new options. You should post a new thread in the Bug Report or Feature Request forums with that specific request (boutique packaging support for quick settings) so they know that there's interest in getting that fixed.
  • Options
    G-ForceG-Force Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    +1 for this feature. Thank you smugmug.
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    +1

I also voted.
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2013
    Four months later, we haven't heard anything.

Any updates Smugmug?
  • Options
    a_mumforda_mumford Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    This is broken functionality unfixed from Legacy Smugmug
    Smug Programmers - You cannot leave this unaddressed !!!

While the Legacy implementation was very ugly and clunky it was at least working. I can understand you may want time to do a more 2.0 redesign but you cannot leave this legacy feature unimplemented / unfixed in Smug 2.0.

It would be better if you discontinued the feature altogether and then the community would vote and you could see how important this is rather than just leaving it unaddressed and hoping people will workaround it.

Could someone from SmugMug please update us on this.

Thx

Andrew Mumford
  • Options
    maconmattmaconmatt Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    Agreed! Please fix!
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    I just email their help desk and sent them this forum post. This is the response I got:

"Thanks for contacting SmugMug. Yes, we are aware of the thread. I don't have any updates at the moment, but this is something I know many users have concerns about, and it is something that's on our radar to get fixed. I'll see if we can get any more info on this and get someone to reply publicly in the thread as well. Thanks for taking the time to bring this up again :)"

We'll see.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2014
    Hi guys,

My fault for not seeing this before. I am getting an update on the status of this, and will hopefully have an update on the status next week.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    I too am having problems with the absence of a delete button.
  • Options
    pignannypignanny Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2014
    Please add option to delete quick settings
    As a coder myself this should be about as easy a quick fix as there could ever be. Please add an option to delete old, outdated, messed up, unused gallery quick settings.

Thanks much
  • Options
    pguytonpguyton Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2014
    Yes please! we really need this!
    is there really not a way to delete old ones? or rename or overwrite? crazy!
    yes we need this pronto!
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Hi guys,

My fault for not seeing this before. I am getting an update on the status of this, and will hopefully have an update on the status next week.

Priorities are messed up on what is being worked on first.
    This is a good example of ignored important fixes.

Cheers,
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2014
    Any update on status? It's been a month since the last status update.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 19, 2014
    Why has this been implemented in the lightroom plugin and not in the smug UI?
    I don't use the plugin to upload and I have no desire to install it.

When will a delete button for quick settings be available in your UI?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2014
    No update I can share now Denise. Sorry :(
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 20, 2014
    No update I can share now Denise. Sorry :(
    I ended up installing the lightroom plugin to delete the old quick settings. That's a pretty heavy-handed way to remove something that should be able to be deleted from the product UI, but it did work. I still believe the UI needs delete capability for quick settings.

Thanks to devbobo for implementing the delete.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2014
    I agree Denise. I will keep you posted!
  • Options
    taylowataylowa Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2014
    Denise, at least you use Lightroom and can delete it that way. Us "little guys" who don't use that program (got Photoshop here) can't do what you can so this needs to be added to the UI. Any updates MB?
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2014
    Hi guys,

Bump. Any update on this? So frustrating.

Thanks!