Options

Your jogging setup

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited August 13, 2013 in Accessories
Hi I was wondering if there are people made a setup for taking out their camera (I guess point and shoot or mirrorless) outside when they are go jogging.

How do you take the camera with you in that case?

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,796 moderator
    edited August 5, 2013
    Jogging is pretty hard on advanced cameras and lenses.

My recommendation is a Point-and-Shoot (P&S) camera and then use a "fanny pack" bag to carry it. P&S cameras are nearly disposable items these days, and fairly durable too.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    The only camera I take jogging is the one in my iPhone, but that is because I listen to music with it.

I have a 'sport backpack' that is designed to be worn while trail running, or even jogging, but it really is only if you must. The gear is too heavy, and tends to bounce, no matter how snug you have the straps tightened. The pack works well when you need to hurry to the next location, but it would be too much for just running for exercise. It would also be very hot against your back. Aside from a very nice Osprey pack I own, no pack is comfortable against your back, as it just doesn't breath (the Osprey is a stiff 20L daypack, not suitable for running)

http://clikelite.com/
  • Options
    HiplooseHiploose Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2013
    My bag
    Whilst I am no jogger, I do charge around a lot. I have been looking for a back that I can wear for long periods without getting too hot (I work in the Middle East), is light weight and compact (for flights).

I found the Lowpro Photo Sport 200 AW (http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks/photo-sport-200-aw).

It has a hydration pocket, holds my DSLR (Nikon D700 with lens).

Paul
  • Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    I don't job with my camera, but I do a lot of hiking / walking / wandering... I leave my DSLR at home and pack a Nikon P7700. I put it in my camelbak and off I go. When I get to places I think I will want the camera, I put it in my front pocket (usually Cargo shorts). Have taken many pictures with this camera when I would not have had my DSLR. Also great for street photography and it shoots RAW!!