Options

Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    Wondering why on your Tracks Galleries you are using the same image for all tracks? For me, I didn't get that feeling to open them up. just a thought. Rest looks great to me.
  • Options
    picturebikepicturebike Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    Wondering why on your Tracks Galleries you are using the same image for all tracks? For me, I didn't get that feeling to open them up. just a thought. Rest looks great to me.

yeah i know, its just a quick fix for now as otherwise i have to upload a different un watermarked photo to each gallery and thats going to take hours to do. All the pictures i upload to track galleries are for sale so are heavily watermarked otherwise they just get screen grabbed and as we know in legacy the preview pictures where generated from the un watermarked thumb nails, where new smug are direct from the large image. I just picked one picture and bulk sent it to all galleries as the feature image.

as it is it shouldn't be a issue as my clients (the riders) are just looking for a track name and date when searching the galleries...

Adding new galleries from now on will be just a case of uploading an un watermarked picture first and making the feature image, then uploading the rest and watermarking them. its going over the old 50+ albums thats the pain to do.

unless theres a quicker way to do it...
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013

Adding new galleries from now on will be just a case of uploading an un watermarked picture first and making the feature image, then uploading the rest and watermarking them. its going over the old 50+ albums thats the pain to do.

I feel your pain! Now I understand why you did it! Thanks! Nice site!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013

For old galleries rather then trying to find the photo in your archives, download the one you want to use. Then crop to
    how you want the featured photo to look and upload to a special gallery for these featured images. The download will
    be your original without a watermark.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    For old galleries rather then trying to find the photo in your archives, download the one you want to use. Then crop to
    how you want the featured photo to look and upload to a special gallery for these featured images. The download will
    be your original without a watermark.

yeah thats not a problem when creating a new album but its going over all the old galleries and doing that one by one with a different picture for each gallery thats going to take hours to do as I have a lot of galleries..
  • Options
    ThreeGuysPhotographyThreeGuysPhotography Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    yeah i know, its just a quick fix for now as otherwise i have to upload a different un watermarked photo to each gallery and thats going to take hours to do. All the pictures i upload to track galleries are for sale so are heavily watermarked otherwise they just get screen grabbed and as we know in legacy the preview pictures where generated from the un watermarked thumb nails, where new smug are direct from the large image. I just picked one picture and bulk sent it to all galleries as the feature image.

as it is it shouldn't be a issue as my clients (the riders) are just looking for a track name and date when searching the galleries...

In some cases I run into this and just have a folder with the images I want to use as the feature images (Instead of loading them in each individual gallery) and then for each gallery I choose its feature image from that folder. This way the feature image isn't watermarked and the gallery remains watermarked.

NM I see someone already suggested this...
  • Options
    LeshaLesha Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    Technically any routine work can be automated - it is just an ugly choice between manual updating of 50 galleries versus writing a script that will do it for you...
    Lesha

My site: www.alexmoiseyev.com
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    Lesha wrote: »
    Technically any routine work can be automated - it is just an ugly choice between manual updating of 50 galleries versus writing a script that will do it for you...

for me its the ugly choice as haven't a clue how to wright a script for anything lol
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    I've made a big change on my homepage, you're welcome to visit and comment, make suggestions.

I'm not too crazy about the slideshow as it doesn't have a click-through option, but my previous (cluttered) homepage was beginning to feel a bit like ebay or amazon - though not with quite as much visitors ;-)
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Just unveiled my site in new smug last night.

Nice simple site, well laid out. I think the whiter design is better. I had dark for years then switched to white - I think I got it into my head it was more sophisticated!:D

I like the Pennypack fence scene - very nice image. If I were you I might have that as a static single image on your homepage, especially as the composition has an inviting 'come on in' nature to it.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    einat wrote: »
    I've made a big change on my homepage, you're welcome to visit and comment, make suggestions.

I'm not too crazy about the slideshow as it doesn't have a click-through option, but my previous (cluttered) homepage was beginning to feel a bit like ebay or amazon - though not with quite as much visitors ;-)

I don't know what your old site looked like so can't compare, but this one is very nice and I LOVE your color combinations. Including that they match so well with the image colors!
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I don't know what your old site looked like so can't compare, but this one is very nice and I LOVE your color combinations. Including that they match so well with the image colors!

Here's what it looked like before
    With a "sneak peek" to the folders and a show off section of my favorites. There are 25 photos, this screenshot is cropeed.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    einat wrote: »
    Here's what it looked like before
    With a "sneak peek" to the folders and a show off section of my favorites. There are 25 photos, this screenshot is cropeed.

Like your new one better! Like your images, too!
  • Options
    fadeoutfotofadeoutfoto Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2013
    Still working on mine but.....
    fadeoutfoto.smugmug.com

Still adding content and trying to decide how I want my blog to work. Have never had any kind of blog before so I feel like a 73 year old trying to learn a VCR in 1982. Have some other small customizations to work out but overall I'm fairly happy with how I have this thing running, now almost 2 months since I revealed it. Any feedback any critique would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2013
    fadeoutfoto.smugmug.com

Still adding content and trying to decide how I want my blog to work. Have never had any kind of blog before so I feel like a 73 year old trying to learn a VCR in 1982. Have some other small customizations to work out but overall I'm fairly happy with how I have this thing running, now almost 2 months since I revealed it. Any feedback any critique would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I love your site and your font choice - and - whoa what a neat effect your background image has. I don't know if you intended this but when I click into your site, there's a moment (1-2 secs?) before the thumbnails appear, where your nifty electronic-looking background flickers from one image to another. Is that that the page 'rolls' in? Or, you have an image set to tile, and the tiles kind of cascade in? It looks like the wires and electricity are "alive" back there.

If that was not what you intended, then someone else may know the reason, but one thought occurs to me, that your background image might be rather large size wise, which can take longer to load, and maybe that's the flicker effect. I have a fast computer so others might see something very different on a slower computer.
  • Options
    fadeoutfotofadeoutfoto Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2013
    I love your site and your font choice - and - whoa what a neat effect your background image has. I don't know if you intended this but when I click into your site, there's a moment (1-2 secs?) before the thumbnails appear, where your nifty electronic-looking background flickers from one image to another. Is that that the page 'rolls' in? Or, you have an image set to tile, and the tiles kind of cascade in? It looks like the wires and electricity are "alive" back there.

If that was not what you intended, then someone else may know the reason, but one thought occurs to me, that your background image might be rather large size wise, which can take longer to load, and maybe that's the flicker effect. I have a fast computer so others might see something very different on a slower computer.

Thanks chancy! Yah the flickering isn't intentional but I don't mind it. The schematic is from an old old/my ver favorite piece of recording equipment (I'm also a music producer/engineer, that's where the fadeout name came from also). Was having a friend do some re-branding/design for me, to create new background for my smugmug and main websites, as well as for biz cards and wedding brochures and such. I'm not much of a designer but didn't like anything he was showing me. Then one night it struck me; I needed to tie my two professions together even more, even if just kinda subconsciously in the background. Everyone I've show it to that knows what I do and my style thinks it's best ideas I've ever had. I'll give the credit to a bottle of red wine and me being too cheap to pay a high end designer ha ha
  • Options
    waltztjwaltztj Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2013
    New Site
    Hi All
    Just unveiled my new site :andy ...give it a look and tell me what you think.
  • Options
    SparkySparky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    waltztj wrote: »
    Hi All

I like it, nice clean look. Misspelling of "macro" in menu.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2013
    Sparky wrote: »
    I like it, nice clean look. Misspelling of "macro" in menu.

Thanks
    Fixed the spelling
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    Fixed the spelling
    "Firsrt" attempt at drops? Hockey in "Narch" 2009? eek7.gif
  • Options
    RBTARBTA Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2013
    Hi everyone.

I tried my hand at customization. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Calvin

http://jenwarephotography.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2013
    "Firsrt" attempt at drops? Hockey in "Narch" 2009? eek7.gif

Fixed

North American Roller Hockey Championships (NARCh)
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2013
    RBTA wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I tried my hand at customization. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Calvin

http://jenwarephotography.smugmug.com

Beautiful framing and shadow on your slide show!
    However, I think slow the slide transition down? I think each shows for only 3 seconds. I could barely get my eyes focused before the next photo clicked in.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2013
    Hi All

Honestly, I think you have better images than the stalk with the water drop and the flower stem with the pollen stems which does not have enough in focus. Sorry - just think you have better images to showcase on your homepage slideshow. Others may disagree! Interesting Mermaid event!!!:D
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2013
    Honestly, I think you have better images than the stalk with the water drop and the flower stem with the pollen stems which does not have enough in focus. Sorry - just think you have better images to showcase on your homepage slideshow. Others may disagree! Interesting Mermaid event!!!:D

Not worried about the content of the slideshow at the moment. Just looking for problems, but thanks for the remarks.
  • Options
    Paul WestlakePaul Westlake Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Lesha wrote: »
    Paul,

One immediate suggestion: on pages like this one: http://paulwestlake.smugmug.com/Stock-Framing/Stock-Frames-Delux-quality/i-PQ4CwNn having price list as description of the gallery pushes image of the frame too far down, making whole page look unbalanced. Have you considered moving prices in a separate text/html block (or may be even in the left sidebar)?

See what you mean, but no I hadn't. It's still very much work in progress, and at my level of ability, I'm happy to just get the info up there for now. Thanks for the comment though.
  • Options
    RBTARBTA Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Beautiful framing and shadow on your slide show!
    However, I think slow the slide transition down? I think each shows for only 3 seconds. I could barely get my eyes focused before the next photo clicked in.

Thanks Chancy,

I slowed it down a bit.

Calvin
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2013
    RBTA wrote: »
    Thanks Chancy,

I slowed it down a bit.

Calvin

Much nicer. Is that 5 secs now?
    To be totally honest I like to be able to arrow through a slideshow. Some photos interest me more than others. The slideshows I like the best, are set to something like 8 seconds. Long enough so that I can stare a good long time, and/or, arrow forward faster. Five seems like a happy medium.
  • Options
    picomomentspicomoments Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    Hi guys, here's mine ... www.picomoments.com

Looking forward to some feedback... all welcome
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
    Looking forward to some feedback... all welcome
    Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but capital letters on the first words of sentences in your About page and other pages (and on gallery titles, including on peoples' names) might look a little more professional! eek7.gif