Options

New Smugmug-How to get ride of Watermark on Gallery folders

ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hey this is hopefully an easy one. Currently on my legacy site (have not relived) my galleries when you click on say "Fine Art" it shows all the galleries and it has no watermarks on those current pictures. Though in my sandbox site right now those same galleries are showing pictures with the watermark. So I am wondering how to get ride of that watermark on just the featured photo's for the galleries. This has to be a simple fix but I'm just not seeing it as of right now.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    give it one bump promise not to keep on bumping it though would like to try to get this answered. This is a question I could take to the hero's but I feel at this time I could get a quicker answer here.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited August 5, 2013
    That's because legacy smugmug didn't watermark the thumbnails unless you told it to - but (I believe) the larger images are used in the new smug. I don't know of a way to get rid of the watermark on the folders without removing it from the photos in the folder although it's possible someone has discovered a trick. I think I remember a thread where someone was talking about a hack of some sort by I can't find it now. You might try searching.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    That's because legacy smugmug didn't watermark the thumbnails unless you told it to - but (I believe) the larger images are used in the new smug. I don't know of a way to get rid of the watermark on the folders without removing it from the photos in the folder although it's possible someone has discovered a trick. I think I remember a thread where someone was talking about a hack of some sort by I can't find it now. You might try searching.

--- Denise

Thats very odd way of doing things I think.. I would think SM would keep thumb nails the same and since there really wasn't anything wrong with them. Oh well, I'll give it a search later on if I find it I'll re-post. Just incase anyone else would like to do the same thing.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited August 5, 2013
    ko04 wrote: »
    I would think SM would keep thumb nails the same and since there really wasn't anything wrong with them.
    There was something very wrong with the old thumbnails - they were much too small!

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013

--- Denise
    There was something very wrong with the old thumbnails - they were much too small!

--- Denise

True its nice to be able to pretty much make the thumb nails to a variety of sizes and shapes, so don't get me wrong I like them. So I got my answer in a webnair I watch where Sean Rogan told me that what I should do is make a gallery for only my featured photo's and make those images not have watermarks on them. Then just pick from the photo's in that gallery. He also talked about taking it a step further and sizing them to ratio that you choose for your own look. So there you go for anyone who is wondering the same thing. Its kind of a work around but I'll take it.
  • Options
    colinpurringtoncolinpurrington Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins

Just curious, now that it's 2021, is there an easier way to suppress watermark on gallery pics?

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Watermarks are applied per gallery. In each gallery you can turn watermarks off in the gallery setting.
    See your other post.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog