Options

EVENTS - Favorites Not Saving

cpluslcplusl Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited August 26, 2013 in Bug Reporting
The great feature that allows registered clients of an EVENT to select, save, and view their favorite images in a personal gallery page is no longer working for legacy users. This is a huge problem for photographers using EVENTS to have clients pick images for prints or albums. They spend hours "hearting" their favorites only to click "View My Favorites" and see none have been saved.

Hoping to hear the problem is solved soon - got a message from Christina at help@smugmug that they are aware of the problem but don't yet have an answer as to why it is happening.

Is this happening to people who are in the 'sandbox" phase or who have switched to the new smugmug entirely?

I wanted to share this so people don't release EVENTS and have the awkward problem of their clients emailing them that their favs are not saving.

Comments

• Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I am having the same problem, I am in sandbox mode. Customers are not seeing favorites and neither am I. I use this feature for the customer to select the images they'd like edited. 3 customers so far, I'll have to find another way until it's fixed.
  • Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Actually, while looking back in legacy mode, none of the new 'Events' are even listed, they can only be seen in the 'new smugmug'. So perhaps everything will work correctly after unveiling?
  • Options
    hyahya Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2013
    The events system is crippled even after you unveil your new design.

There's a workaround for getting favorites to work: Enabling collecting by others in your account settings, then making sure External embedding is enabled for the event's galleries. I hope they don't make this a permanent workaround.

At the moment there's no way for users to un-favorite a photo. It's been causing my clients and myself a lot of grief and I've yet to hear from anyone at SmugMug about it (other than "we're swarmed", and that was on August 1st.)

My suggestion is to wait a month or two until they get their act together and fix it.
  • Options
    EyenventEyenvent Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    I switched to new smug and clients can pick favorites, but I made the event galleries before switching. My problem is I can see the favs but cannot download just the favorites for the album, so I'll have to download one by one ugh!
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Is anyone still having this problem?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    I still have a 404 error when trying to view favorites in any of the event galleries. Really annoying. I have to download 300 favorites by hand...
  • Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 7, 2013
    Eyenvent wrote: »
    I still have a 404 error when trying to view favorites in any of the event galleries. Really annoying. I have to download 300 favorites by hand...

If I am seeing things correctly, I think you created the Samantha and Mike event when we had the initial bug. I just created a test participant on that event, and it created all the subsequent galleries just fine. If you re-create a participant for Samantha I think you should be set. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience!
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Thanks for looking at the site Ben. That gallery was created in july and has no favorites yet. Justin and Shawna has 299 favorites and I can't download them as zip, I can't even see them by using see all favorites.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Thanks for looking at the site Ben. That gallery was created in july and has no favorites yet. Justin and Shawna has 299 favorites and I can't download them as zip, I can't even see them by using see all favorites.

I see a bunch of stuff deleted that I can recover, but I don't know what galleries you want back. Do you want me to recover all the Event Favorites I see and just let you delete any you didn't want? I am not sure how or why they were deleted, but I can see about recovering them.
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    If you could recover Alex and Christine it would be awesome. The rest I can handle later. Thanks Ben.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    If you could recover Alex and Christine it would be awesome. The rest I can handle later. Thanks Ben.

That should be back, let me know if I can help with anything else!
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Thank you Ben. You're the best! :)
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    All good but now I can't download all gallery photos. It just hangs and I never get an email with the zip links. Is it functional?
  • Options
    NinjagrapherOfficialNinjagrapherOfficial Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 26, 2013
    I too am having an issue. Acutally the same issue. Client picks favorites and can't see just favorites. Please advise