Adding email to a page

ParisParis Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Wondering if someone knows how I can add an 'Email Me' to my About Me page.

I used Wufoo on my legacy site.

Comments

• richpepprichpepp Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    I'll take a shot at this before it drops off the page. I've never used Wufoo so I may be wrong

As far as I can see you will need to customise your AboutMe page and drag and HTML box onto it somewhere, e.g. at the bottom.
    Then go to your Wufoo manager and pick up the code for your form. As far as I can see you will need to pick up the Javascript version of the Embed code because Smugmug doesn't appear to support iframes (which is the other version)
    Then paste that into the HTML box you added earlier

I hope that works for you

Richard

Edit:this may not actually work. I've just seen from other posts that javascript might not work on the new site (at the moment). Your only option may be to put use the link to an external form - eg. the pop up form :(
  • nikongirl74nikongirl74 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Here's a thread about using the iframe code for google calendar and you can do the same with Wufoo as well. clap.gif I have use these instructions for both my contact page and my calendar.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237346
  • richpepprichpepp Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237346[/QUOTE]

now that really is a hack but somewhat awesome as well. Have to add that to list of tricks
  • ParisParis Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Thanks...this worked using the wufoo code. Good enough for now.
    richpepp wrote: »
    I'll take a shot at this before it drops off the page. I've never used Wufoo so I may be wrong

As far as I can see you will need to customise your AboutMe page and drag and HTML box onto it somewhere, e.g. at the bottom.
    Then go to your Wufoo manager and pick up the code for your form. As far as I can see you will need to pick up the Javascript version of the Embed code because Smugmug doesn't appear to support iframes (which is the other version)
    Then paste that into the HTML box you added earlier

I hope that works for you

Richard

Edit:this may not actually work. I've just seen from other posts that javascript might not work on the new site (at the moment). Your only option may be to put use the link to an external form - eg. the pop up form :(