Options

Sidebar Height

BananaFusionBananaFusion Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've been able to migrate most of my old Smugmug site to the new format, and for the most part really like the new one much better. The only thing I'm still struggling with is with some colored columns I use on the side of the galleries for decoration.

On the old Smugmug, I simply created a table and had the "Smugmug content" as an entry in a TD field I created that was placed between the "header" HTML script, and the "footer" HTML script. In this mode, the colored columns stopped right when the Smugmug content in the middle stopped.

In the new Smugmug, I had to use some sidebars to recreate this design. The problem is that I seem to have to specify the height of the sidebars to get them to show up, but can't seem to scale with the content in the middle. I did a bunch of Googling on CSS height, but nothing so far has worked. I have to specify a specific height, which is impossible as it changes between different pages. Something like "height=100%" doesn't work.

My code is as follows (for the left sidebar):

HTML
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <tr>
    <td style="width:10px"></td>
    <td class="sidebarbar" style="width:10px; background-color: #a50021;"></td>
    <td style="width:2px; background-color: #ffffff;"></td>
    <td style="width:15px; background-color: #00CCFF;"></td>
    <td></td>
  </tr>
</table>
CSS
.sidebarbar {
  overflow: hidden;
  padding-bottom: 5000px;
  margin-bottom: -5000px;
}
Anyone have some ideas on how to have the sidebar content height match the Smugmug content height for my table? There were some Javascript suggestions I saw on Stackoverflow, but Smugmug no longer supports JS.