Options

add the ability to remove the login link

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
edited August 7, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
There is CSS floating around to remove the login link from the footer, but that CSS can also be used to remove the Photo Sharing by SmugMug that is supposed to be on every site.

Can we have a setting to remove just the login link? That link is only useful to the site owner; if it is not intended to be used by site viewers I don't want it exposed on my site. I've always logged in at www.smugmug.com.

--- Denise

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Denise, I don't see a log in link on your site?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Allen wrote: »

Took me a while to figure this out too. Sometimes, I'd see the login link and sometimes not! It only appears if you are NOT logged in. If you are logged in (which you probably were when you viewed her site), then you don't see the login link.

I think this would be a nice option. It would make for a cleaner site, while still showing the "smugmug" name.
  • Options
    sarahksarahk Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Haha - never mind. I just logged out and tried her site again, and still don't see the login link. She must be using CSS to turn it off!
  • Options
    TimmyTimmy Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Would love to be able to remove the login link!
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    Anyone figured this out. I wouldn't mind it but the login page has pictures that are not mine and smugmug logos all over it.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    I found the code...

.sm-page-powered-by A:last-child { display: none; }
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    There isn't one - I removed it with CSS. But given that smug requires the smug tag line on our sites and the CSS can be set to remove both the tag line and the login link I thought it would be better to provide an option to remove the login link. I've never understood why it is there since it is only for use by the site owner; I don't want something on my site to be visible to my viewers if it is something they can't use.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    There isn't one - I removed it with CSS. But given that smug requires the smug tag line on our sites and the CSS can be set to remove both the tag line and the login link I thought it would be better to provide an option to remove the login link. I've never understood why it is there since it is only for use by the site owner; I don't want something on my site to be visible to my viewers if it is something they can't use.

--- Denise
    Why not just make the login link the same color as the background so visitors don't see it but you can hover the spot and click it?
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    BTW, seems like all of a sudden my legacy site comes up and I have to log in to get
    to NewSmug. This has not happened in the past.

Being logged in to NewSmug I do not see the login link so have no idea where it is. Isn't there a
    log out link in the same place? I see the black bar at the top with the log out under my name, does this
    bar show when logged out? I'm assuming I can hide that bar but would only want it hidden when logged out.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Why not just make the login link the same color as the background so visitors don't see it but you can hover the spot and click it?
    I have no problem with logging in at www.smugmug.com and I'm not much for hidden text on a page. I didn't have the login link on my legacy site either.
    Being logged in to NewSmug I do not see the login link so have no idea where it is. Isn't there a
    log out link in the same place? I see the black bar at the top with the log out under my name, does this
    bar show when logged out? I'm assuming I can hide that bar but would only want it hidden when logged out.
    The log out link is accessed by clicking on your "name" in the bar at the top of the site. That bar isn't there when you are logged out so I just go to the smug home page.

--- Denise