Options

Screencaps Comparing Old & New

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I thought I'd post screencaps of side by side (sort of, one of my monitors is physically higher than the other.) of both my Legacy, and my Sandbox Mode. I'm not trying to make a point or anything, or complain. This is simply for fun. I am really liking my new site a lot better, and once I get some answers to how certain problems pan out, I'm ready to unveil.

New is always on the left, old on the right.

Here's the Front Page. I placed a feed to my blog site on one side, so it'll always update. The other is just a collection of images from all over my site. I plan on refining that.

New-Old_010-L.jpg

Top Level of Galleries At first I had a "Photos" menu button that took you to the browse page. Then I learned how to make a nesting dropdown navigator using the standard tools, so I expect folks will use that to go right where they wish.

New-Old_009-L.jpg

Sample Main Gallery, the new site broke the look of the old one. This is the old top Category, now top Folder. I placed sub-categories at top, and individual galleries below. All folders/galleries also have a bottom comment box, and social media buttons.

New-Old_008-L.jpg

A Gallery, again new broke the old layout.

New-Old_007-L.jpg

A Photo, with Right Click Message.

New-Old_006-L.jpg

Wedding Services Page, the new is in a Text Block, the old is on Blogger. I'm having a problem with HTML not formatting correctly in either the Text or HTML Blocks. Thread asking about that is here.

New-Old_005-L.jpg

My availability page, I used this method to get iframes to appear. You'll also note the new page is scrolled up, and I have my header "pinned" and partially transparent.

New-Old_004-L.jpg

Bio Page, also scrolled up on the new. Still needs refined of course. I created it by placing HTML in the profile menu.

New-Old_002-L.jpg

Contact form.

New-Old_003-L.jpg

My Index Page, which I still can't get to format correctly on the new site. Wrote about that problem here.

New-Old_001-L.jpg

Anyway, I know it's not all "wiz-bang!" and that. Once they implement the ability to save multiple site designs I'll try lots of new things.

I just wish I knew the answers to some of my previous problems/questions.

Comments

• Options
    WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Very nice. Seeing the sites side by side definitely shows the old Smugmug was getting a little dated from a UI point of view. I like both sites but the new one is really nice.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    SMUGMUG KILLED MY CALENDAR MAP PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so really frustrated and angry right now. First I can't seem to any fricking answers about the problems I have now they screw up feeds that host iframes.

Truly, I am thinking it's time to look for a new service.