Menu bar "Accordion Style" should have option to center text

phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited August 8, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
When using the "Accordion style" menu bar, text is always justified on the left (i'm using a left sidebar...).

Please add the option like for "Vertical style" to select Allignement (Left, Right, Center)

Comments

• kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    +1!

And I'd love to be able to put a title on the menu too. I know I can use a Title content box, but considering all the other widgets have the ability to be titled, it seems this one would be a good one to title too.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    kimbomac wrote: »
    +1!

While there is no feedback/update from the devs you can try this:
    .sm-accordion-item {
      text-align: center;
    }

i added that inside of a CSS box on ENTIRE SITE and that will center the menu items for accordion style menus. Check my site on how that will look like.
    For the title i added an extra HTML block above the menu (the 'QuickLinks'). HTML because of center text using a TEXTBOX does not work yet on all browsers.

Note: here on Opera12 this will also center the content menu sidebar when using CUSTOMIZE SITE. If someone has a fix for that...
  • kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    While there is no feedback/update from the devs you can try this:
    .sm-accordion-item {
      text-align: center;
    }

i added that inside of a CSS box on ENTIRE SITE and that will center the menu items for accordion style menus. Check my site on how that will look like.
    For the title i added an extra HTML block above the menu (the 'QuickLinks'). HTML because of center text using a TEXTBOX does not work yet on all browsers.

Note: here on Opera12 this will also center the content menu sidebar when using CUSTOMIZE SITE. If someone has a fix for that...

Thanks for the customisation information, but I had extensive customisation on my old Smuggie site and really don't want to go down that road again. It made it very difficult and time-consuming to ever change anything. Considering how flexible things are now, the occasional irritation like this is something I would rather live with than customise.

But that's not to say I wouldn't welcome the change if it could be easily implemented!

Thanks anyway.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)