Options

Save copy of current Theme and/or Design

SlockJawSlockJaw Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
edited August 20, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I would like the ability to make a copy of the active theme and the active design. This allows you to make several alternative configurations and switch back and forth in the case of designs. In the case of themes it allows me to have a basic theme for my entire site, then have variations of it available for specific pages. I know you can achieve this by starting from a supplied design or theme, but then you have to manually re-create the desired common elements. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 7, 2013
    We're in the process of doing this already for Designs. We'll think about how to accomplish it as well for Themes.

Thanks!
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    It would be really cool if a theme, and/or elements of a theme could be specified to be inherited from a parent folder and/or propagated to children and grandchildren folders, without that theme (which may be different from the main site theme) having to be specified on all the child and grandchild pages as customised pages.
    It would be good if the CSS could just automatically be inherited, like the fabulous new implementation of the folder/sub-folder/gallery password security!

And example may be that my header may be the same for most of my site, except for, say, my holiday section, and I may want this to be completely different. I don't want to have to change all my holiday pages. Just the top-level Holiday folder, and then for that to go down to all sub-folders, galleries and pages below that. However, it may not be the WHOLE style I want to specify, but just parts of it. The rest should still be able to be inherited from the main style/theme that applies for the whole site...

(Pretty please...?)
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    martintylermartintyler Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I'd like this too. I want to use the background photo feature on my search and about pages, but I have to create a new theme to do this.

Being able to copy a theme would be a good start - but then if I change my main theme I would have to go and change my search page and about page themes too - all to get a different background.

Might just be better if background photo could be set independent of themes!
  • Options
    MotoriderMotorider Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Sounds like a good idea to me.