How to sort sub-links in Menu

OscourOscour Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited August 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi there,

I use the Smumug style for my site.
I've made a menu which displays sub-links.
The problem is that I'd like to sort the sub-links to display all folders on the top of the list.
I attached an example.

Do you know how to do this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sebastien

Comments

• snakeey11snakeey11 Registered Users Posts: 88 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 7, 2013
    At the moment, there isn't a way to separately sort the automatically included children of a parent folder (in a given menu content block). You can, however, still sort the contents of that folder using the Organizer, and that should reflect in the menu itself.

The other option is to manually add each link to the menu's list of items, and then you can order them however you like.

Hope that helps,
    Mike
    SmugMug Sorcerer
    (and an avid landscape photographer - view my website)
  • OscourOscour Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Thanks Snakeey11.

I already tried to used the organizer for that, but it doesn't reflect in my menu... ne_nau.gif
    So I've done it manually...
    Hope this will be part of improvements !

Thanks
    edited August 8, 2013
    Oscour

It DOES reflect in the menu. I just tried mine. Botanic used to be my third item. I moved it and clicked done, and now it's at the top. Is that what you are trying to do? http://www.macromeister.co.uk/Images
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
    edited August 8, 2013
    Ok it does, but the folders are at the end of the menu list. I'd like to have folders on top of this menu list.

Thanks
    edited August 8, 2013
    Oscour wrote: »
    Ok it does, but the folders are at the end of the menu list. I'd like to have folders on top of this menu list.

Thanks

When in the menu settings, you can drag and drop items, to determine their order.
    Just be mindful of dropping them without "indentation" (which creates sublinks) when you want them on the same level.
    edited August 8, 2013
    einat wrote: »
    When in the menu settings, you can drag and drop items, to determine their order.
    Just be mindful of dropping them without "indentation" (which creates sublinks) when you want them on the same level.

Yes that work on top level links and even sublinks if you make them manually.
    But I'd like to have automated sublinks which is provided by the "Include folder content" option.

The problem is the sublinks are not always sorted like I did in the organizer.
    I post an image for illustration.
    You can also see it on my site : http://oscour.smugmug.com

Thanks
    edited August 8, 2013
    Now I see what you mean but I'm sorry - I don't know.
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Oscour wrote: »
    Yes that work on top level links and even sublinks if you make them manually.
    But I'd like to have automated sublinks which is provided by the "Include folder content" option.

The problem is the sublinks are not always sorted like I did in the organizer.
    I post an image for illustration.
    You can also see it on my site : http://oscour.smugmug.com

Thanks

When I hover over passion (that didn't sound right:D) I get your 'bad' list (I only get 7 as two are unlisted). I don't get a further sub-folder selection for voyagers and divers. But what is in those folders? When I actually select Divers I get two galleries - Le Bouget and divers, but I don't get a sub-selection on the menu.

When you specify 'include folder content' from the menu link in customisation it certainly does it for the first level. But I'm not sure how to get it to show further sub-folders.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
    edited August 8, 2013
    Thanks both of you for looking at my problem !

Macromeister, this is normal you don't see sub-folder selection for voyagers and divers because this is not a hand-made menu and like you said, the 'include folder content' is only for the first level.

But this is not my problem, I just want to have folders above galleries in the menu.
    For an unknown reason it worked for the sub-menu "Notre mariage" but not for the sub-menu "Passion Photo"... however the only difference I see is that "Notre mariage" is password protected...

Thanks
    edited August 8, 2013
    I got it !! :D

To have folders on top of the list, here is what I've one :
    - Go to the Organizer and select the top-folder I want to sort
    - Select "Sort by name"
    - Validate
    - Go to the Organizer and select the top-folder I want to sort
    - Select "Sort Manually"

Thanks for your help