Options

Apply Quick Setting to all Galleries

mitchrappmitchrapp Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited September 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
How do I apply a quick setting to all my galleries? I'm able to do them one by one under Organizer, but that's tedious. If I select multiple galleries, I can Bulk Organize, but not apply a Quick Setting.

Comments

• Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    I would also like to know how to do it. One gallery at a time is really not good. It should definitely be a function you can do in Organizer. I would love to see the watermark feature be available in Organizer as well. I want to remove/change my watermarks but doing it one gallery at a time is nuts for me as I have hundreds of galleries.
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    What is it you want to set? If I select the galleries and hit "Settings" I get a nice dialog that lets me activate a setting and choose what to put in it.

I don't know if the settings are recursive, i.e. if you select a top level folder does it operate at all levels underneath, but it does seem to work within one folder, that's all I've been brave enough to try.
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    I have hundreds of galleries spread amongst many folders. I have a quick setting that applies a watermark, sizes my photos large etc. I want to specifically change my size from Large to XLarge. It appears I can only make that change on a gallery level. I would love to have the ability to be able to make that change on a folder level via organizer. Otherwise I would have to update everything at a gallery level which would take me days.

Ain't nobody got time for dat. :)
  • Options
    AnaxagorasAnaxagoras Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 14, 2013
    Me too, similar problem.

All my galleries are unlisted, and i send links to let chosen people see specific galleries.

But I want to change to a site-wide password, give the password to the chosen few, and let them explore at will. BUT...

I can change single galleries from the Organise/Settings page. If I select two or more galleries I cannot change anything - all the choices are greyed-out.

Incidentally, despite the words, the images on the relevant Help Page shows the choices greyed-out!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    Anaxagoras wrote: »
    I can change single galleries from the Organise/Settings page. If I select two or more galleries I cannot change anything - all the choices are greyed-out....!
    You have to check the box in front of the ones you want to change.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AnaxagorasAnaxagoras Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Allen,

YOU're a genius!! clap.gif

ME, I now feel such an idiot - obvious when you know how.

You've saved me hours of work. Thank you.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2013
    Damnit! I didn't know that! I did them all one at a time... $*%&*$@$%