Options

Newly uploaded photos that are same size as old photos are displaying smaller

JSS44JSS44 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited October 3, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Photos that I've uploaded since migrating are the same size as photos uploaded before that (640 px on longer dimension), but in the new SmugMug style gallery the main photo size of the newly uploaded photos are displaying slightly smaller than the old photos. Here's a link to an old photo that is immediately followed by a new photo so you can compare: http://www.jodystuartphotography.com/Portfolio/Garden/i-RcwVd3d

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Hi Jody,

I so see the difference. Can you tell me how you uploaded these photos? Through our HTML uploader, Lightroom, etc
  • Options
    JSS44JSS44 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    The old photos were uploaded with the MacDaddy software and the new photos I uploaded using the Upload button on my site.
  • Options
    MotoriderMotorider Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    I see that this is on the active bug list. I'm also experiencing something similar with 1 of the 3 pictures on my homepage. All 3 pictures are exactly the same pixel size, set to display the same in SM ('original' size), but yet when I reduce the width of the screen I'm viewing them on (Firefox), the Portfolio picture is longer than the other two. Perhaps it's the way I've formatted my page, but I can't figure it out. I'd appreciate any help resolving this if it's not related to this bug.

Here's a screen shot of them displayed correctly.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    And since I can only attach 1 image to a post, here's a screen shot of them displayed with unequal heights in a narrowed browser window.
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    Motorider wrote: »
    And since I can only attach 1 image to a post, here's a screen shot of them displayed with unequal heights in a narrowed browser window.

Cool way to use SmugMug for your craftsmanship!

I have tried to recreate this, but cannot :( What browser and OS are you using?
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Cool way to use SmugMug for your craftsmanship!

I have tried to recreate this, but cannot :( What browser and OS are you using?

Thanks! I realize it may not be exactly what SM was intended for, but I really love the awesome support & I see the possibilities with the new setup (especially once I'm able to edit multiple independent F/G/P's). I think I joined at just the right time after just finishing a 2 week trial with the legacy site.

I'm seeing this resizing problem on 3 PCs (2 running Win7Pro64 & 1 with WinXP) all using Firefox 23.0.1. All I have to do is reduce the window width. It's not a major problem, but thought maybe I messed up something on my homepage with some CSS I've been playing with.

What is more of a problem for me is (I believe I posted this separately in the customize forum before but haven't received any replies) is the 'Photo Sharing by SmugMug' and 'Login' text at the bottom of all my site's pages. It's fine until the screen size is reduce to the width for a tablet or mobile phone and then it gets all scrunched up somewhere between my left menu & upper logo. I'd really appreciate some help with this if possible. I don't know if you can see the CSS code on my site or not, but if you can it's probably something I did in there.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2013
    Motorider wrote: »
    Any ideas?

Not yet :( We have been trying to recreate this consistently, but have yet too :( I will submit a follow up request with our QA department.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    Thank you, I look forward to hearing from them.