Menu Highlight Colour

billwbillw Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited August 30, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
If you ...
Click on Customize > Customize Site
Click on Entire Site
Click on Themes
Click to edit your theme
Set the Text Color to anything other than default (no colour shown)
The menu highlighting stops working - no indication when you have hovered over a menu and it is active.

AFAICT if you have a "dark" theme, menu items are highlighted by changing them to white. I don't know what happens on themes with a white or light background.

I found that the default grey for text was just a tad too dark (not enough contrast) and tried to make it a little lighter. White highlighting would still have been effective. I can see if I decided to make my text white that would defeat the default menu highlighting.

So here is the feature request:
Could we please have a "menu highlight color" option?

Comments

• pileofprintspileofprints Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    yes, thank you for this request
    Thanks for so clearly laying out the consequences of changing the text color. I was having this issue, but had not traced it back to my changing the text color.

The obvious next step workaround is to select a bolder text for the body copy to make it easier to read. The problem one encounters is that "body" text includes the headings that name the galleries. These are presented in a much larger font and so do not need to be made bolder and making them so diminished my design. Now I am searching for some compromise font....