CS2 and MySQL

cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
edited December 8, 2005 in Finishing School
I ran into a problem installing MySQL last week. After some digging around in the system registry, I found all kinds of MySQL related stuff hiding in registry entries associated with CS2. A little web searching turned up this... no solution to my problem, but at least I knew that Macs have the same problem :haha

Anyone had any luck with MySQL and CS2 running on the same machine?

Comments

• mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2005
    Oooh, that's nasty.

Besides waiting for Adobe to fix it (may not happen), you could try to use the Adobe-installed version of MySQL (which is thirteen different kinds of bad), try to re-install your original version of MySQL on top of it (it might be possible, but it's at leastd seven different kinds of bad) or give postgres a try (only two or three types of bad).

Finally, you could get VMWare (or whatever the heck the Windows equivalent is called) and install MySQL in the host operating system. It's more expensive ($199 or thereabouts) and uses a fair amount of RAM, but at least Adobe should leave it along.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2005
    mwgrice wrote:
    Oooh, that's nasty.

Besides waiting for Adobe to fix it (may not happen), you could try to use the Adobe-installed version of MySQL (which is thirteen different kinds of bad), try to re-install your original version of MySQL on top of it (it might be possible, but it's at leastd seven different kinds of bad) or give postgres a try (only two or three types of bad).

Finally, you could get VMWare (or whatever the heck the Windows equivalent is called) and install MySQL in the host operating system. It's more expensive ($199 or thereabouts) and uses a fair amount of RAM, but at least Adobe should leave it along.
    Thanks for the advice!

My application of MySQL isn't tied to my use of CS2, so for now at least I'm just running them on different machines.
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2005
    cletus wrote:
    Thanks for the advice!

My application of MySQL isn't tied to my use of CS2, so for now at least I'm just running them on different machines.
    Different machine? That's cheating!