Options

Featured Gallery Thumbs/Images

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I spend a lot of time squaring and cropping all my photo thumbs and select one for the feature gallery
thumb. This is the thumb I'd prefer to use as the feature gallery image on the folder. But there doesn't
seem to be a way to select it. The current image is not acceptable with its auto sizing.

Feature request:
On the folders I use the grid format so I'd prefer to use my choice of the featured squared cropped thumb.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    MantaManta Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    I was just looking for the same thing. My folders show a variety of horizontal and vertical featured images from the Legacy view. I'd like to have them all horizontal or all vertical at least under each folder.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I spend a lot of time squaring and cropping all my photo thumbs and select one for the feature gallery
    thumb. This is the thumb I'd prefer to use as the feature gallery image on the folder. But there doesn't
    seem to be a way to select it. The current image is not acceptable with its auto sizing.

Feature request:
    On the folders I use the grid format so I'd prefer to use my choice of the featured squared cropped thumb.

A related question... Did your legacy featured thumbs for cats/subcats/galleries migrate properly? In other words, are they the same images you had originally selected, and are they still squared & cropped?
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
  • Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Allen wrote: »

Feature request:

You can select any image to represent any folder, sub-folder or gallery, in the gallery settings of the organiser. It's pretty cool. I presume that's what you are asking...?

You click on the little image icon of the Feature Image option under the folder or gallery settings...
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    kimbomac wrote: »
    You can select any image to represent any folder, sub-folder or gallery, in the gallery settings of the organiser. It's pretty cool. I presume that's what you are asking...?

You click on the little image icon of the Feature Image option under the folder or gallery settings...
    You can only select a whole image and not thumbs is the problem. My thumbs were squared and
    cropped and picked for the feature gallery image on the legacy site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    I'd like to have this feature back, too.
    All of my photos have customized square crops. I wan't these to appear on a folder page.