Add Word Document to Page?

megmacmegmac Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited August 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I would like to show my portrait deal in the Navigation pull down. I've created a word document. Is it possible to add this and if not is there a better choice. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    There is no current support for word docs. You would need to create a page in SmugMug and recreate your information on that page using either a text box or an HTML/CSS box depending on how fancy you want to get.

You could create a link to your word doc stored somewhere online such as google docs
  • macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    megmac wrote: »
    I would like to show my portrait deal in the Navigation pull down. I've created a word document. Is it possible to add this and if not is there a better choice. Thanks in advance.

create a PDF from the Word doc (do it in Word). Host the PDF somewhere that is addressable by URL. Set up a new link on one of your pages or menu and link to it. It does work, I just tried it.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • megmacmegmac Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    create a PDF from the Word doc (do it in Word). Host the PDF somewhere that is addressable by URL. Set up a new link on one of your pages or menu and link to it. It does work, I just tried it.[/QUOT
    Thanks, what is required to set up the PDF addressable by URL. I m confused by this.
    edited August 8, 2013
    Thanks, what is required to set up the PDF addressable by URL. I m confused by this.

If you have a Google account you can set up Google drive and load all sorts of documents which should be available to anyone you give a link to. Here is a PDF I just uploaded for the brochure for the new car I'm getting next week. You just get a share link once you have uploaded your PDF https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByHpUt05bvcmMmJTWnBsTFRFc1U/edit?usp=sharing You can set up your link from a suitable place on your site. You can change/refresh the docs at any time.

Can you read it ok?

You can't upload the PDF to Smug, it doesn't like it!

Rob
    edited August 8, 2013
    If you have a Google account you can set up Google drive and load all sorts of documents which should be available to anyone you give a link to. Here is a PDF I just uploaded for the brochure for the new car I'm getting next week. You just get a share link once you have uploaded your PDF https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByHpUt05bvcmMmJTWnBsTFRFc1U/edit?usp=sharing You can set up your link from a suitable place on your site. You can change/refresh the docs at any time.

Can you read it ok?

You can't upload the PDF to Smug, it doesn't like it!

Rob

Thanks for the info. Here is what i see when I click on your link
    edited August 8, 2013
    Thanks for the info. Here is what i see when I click on your link

Apologies, I had it marked as private. Try again now from here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByHpUt05bvcmMmJTWnBsTFRFc1U/edit?usp=sharing
    edited August 8, 2013
    Apologies, I had it marked as private. Try again now from here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByHpUt05bvcmMmJTWnBsTFRFc1U/edit?usp=sharing

Looks great, I signed up for a google account also. I just added my single page. I got the same blank page until I found the button to make it visible to the public. Thanks
    edited August 8, 2013
    Looks great, I signed up for a google account also. I just added my single page. I got the same blank page until I found the button to make it visible to the public. Thanks

Yeah, I think it must default to private in case you have any sensitive documents (like a spreadsheet with your £3,000,000 investment portfoliorolleyes1.gif)

Glad you got it working. It looks quite professional, doesn't it? At least if you can create a document like that! Seat cars probably had a team of people doing that one.

Use the VIEW command in top left to change the zoom etc.