Links

simoncmosimoncmo Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 8, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Is there anyway to underline the navigation links and also cause them to hightlight on mouseover like my legacy site www.simonmorrisphotography.com

I have also lost all of my comments on the new site this has made my site a total mess really not happy but also really want to use the new setup.

considering moving to zenfolio now

Comments

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    simoncmo wrote: »
    Is there anyway to underline the navigation links and also cause them to hightlight on mouseover like my legacy site www.simonmorrisphotography.com

I have also lost all of my comments on the new site this has made my site a total mess really not happy but also really want to use the new setup.

considering moving to zenfolio now

The CSS for your links is pretty straightforward, although you will need to decide if you put it in your theme's advanced CSS (site-wide, might not look awesome) or make a CSS class that you apply to links you want to look this way (that's what I did on my site).

In my Theme's CSS I added:
    A 
    {
     /* color:#FFF; */
    }

A:link {
    }

A:visited { 
    } 

A:active { 
    } 

A:hover { 
     /* background-color: #69b4ff;*/
      color: #34af38 !important;
    }

.underline_links A:link {
      text-decoration:underline;
    }

Those rules do a few different things, most are empty but the A:hover one turns all my links Green when I hover over them. The ".underline_links" allows me to put a class name on a container (like a DIV or a table) and then any links in that container will be underlined. I used that on my Site Updates page.

If you decide to stay with smugmug, post up specific questions after you've tried some of these techniques if you get stuck...

Andy