Exclude entire site object in some pages

mountaindewmountaindew Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited August 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hello

I want to exclude some objects applied for entire site from some of my page display . Can I do it by simple CSS to exclude those entire site objects from my page ?

Thanks

Comments

• jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Hello

I want to exclude some objects applied for entire site from some of my page display . Can I do it by simple CSS to exclude those entire site objects from my page ?

Thanks

probably, but we will need to know what they are to help
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Yes, if you inspect the elements on your page you should notice that your body tag gets a unique class applied to it which looks like "sm-page-node-C7JMw". You can use that class to target that specific page.
  • mountaindewmountaindew Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    jwashburn wrote: »
    probably, but we will need to know what they are to help

The idea is , if I want to exclude my footer display (which is applied already in entire page) from one of my newly created page .
    I should be able to refer that object and make that class object hidden from my page using CSS or some other way . Right now I don't think any other way to hide it apart from using the CSS .

Thanks
  • mountaindewmountaindew Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Yes, if you inspect the elements on your page you should notice that your body tag gets a unique class applied to it which looks like "sm-page-node-C7JMw". You can use that class to target that specific page.

Thanks Lamah .
    Possibly . But what does this C7JMw refers ? I don't know if this is static or dynamic . I guess there should be easier way to do this .

Can SM Hero's available for the response ?
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    I think that should stay the same for the lifetime of your page, it's the ID of the page/folder/gallery. I didn't see any other unique identifiers you can use.
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Hello

Thanks

Make the page custom and delete the objects. No CSS needed...
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube