Save custom menus like custom themes!

guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I like the new drop down menu builder but have run into a problem.

My site is divided into three main parts, Hiking & Climbing, Plants, Family.

I'd like to have different drop down menus for each part of my site.

The current ALL or JUS TONE rule when it comes to customization means that if I want to do this I have to build the menu I want from scratch each time. That's a heck of a lot of work.

It would be really cool if after building a drop down menu I could name & save it then choose it or another I 'd previously built & saved from a list when adding to new galleries much in the same way custom themes work.

Any Chance?

Comments

• kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    This sounds cool, but I think it would be better if you could create the menu in the top-level folder and say that this piece of customisation should be applied to all sub-folders, galleries and pages below that parent folder. Proper cascading styles!
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    kimbomac wrote: »
    This sounds cool, but I think it would be better if you could create the menu in the top-level folder and say that this piece of customisation should be applied to all sub-folders, galleries and pages below that parent folder. Proper cascading styles!

Yes I'd be happy with that instead too :^)..

I'm finding the whole site or one folder or gallery only only limitation when it comes to customization very frustrating!
  • jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    guy wrote: »
    I like the new drop down menu builder but have run into a problem.

My site is divided into three main parts, Hiking & Climbing, Plants, Family.

I'd like to have different drop down menus for each part of my site.

The current ALL or JUS TONE rule when it comes to customization means that if I want to do this I have to build the menu I want from scratch each time. That's a heck of a lot of work.

It would be really cool if after building a drop down menu I could name & save it then choose it or another I 'd previously built & saved from a list when adding to new galleries much in the same way custom themes work.

Any Chance?

I have mentioned this as well to them but for use within designs. If you decide to use a new design you have to build all your navigation again