Options

Broken links to images in gallery

CewekoolzCewekoolz Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 14, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
After having unveil my new website design, my images in the galleries have random broken links to images within multiple galleries. Upon refreshing, some appear and some show now as broken links. My website is www.photographybymay.com. Now, all this does not happen on the development site. Just on the production site. Are your development and production servers not identical to one another? Is it upon unveiling that you need time to replicate all changes to your production servers? If so, it would be nice to know so that we know when to announce our new design to our clients vs having them stumble upon what appears to be a broken website. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    Anyone? In Chrome sometimes all the images in the gallery displays and sometimes not. When it does not, it displays a broken link icon. In firefox, it is just blank. I am using the collage gallery. What gives? It looks like there is no cross browser compatibility support. Please, fix this. Am I the only one facing this issue?
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    I see it on your HS Seniors page (didn't look much further than that)... White squares showing in the collage where images clearly belong using FF and IE9 on Win7.

What type of content block did you use on your page? If you hand-selected images, are any of the folders, galleries, or images password protected or private? Do they all show when you are logged in?

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    I am using the collage landscape. And yes! some of the images are shared from password protected galleries. Funny thing is, if this has to do with security then why not all the images from the same password protected gallery have the same behavior? It is really random. I do not see this behavior at all when I am logged in. That was why i did not discover this issue until I promoted my site to production.
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    The randomness could be explained by the images being cached in your browser... I couldn't get any of the white squares to change to images no matter how many times I refreshed your page.

As I understand it now, you'll need to either un-password protect the images or move/copy them to a gallery that you want to make more available.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    So I just went back and redid my folders and their permissions. I no longer use the share image across folders. Thought we could avoid having duplicate images but alas not so with the new smugmug if you want your images to appear. It would be nice if and when we do share an image across folders that the image itself will inherit the respective folders security and permissions. Thanks! aschendel for your help.
  • Options
    annimall7annimall7 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2013
    Following!! I'm having this issue with my Chrome users... I have IE10 and notice no issues! Eek!

www.infinitegracephotography.com