Options

Footer Text Centering Issue?

LemansLemans Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited August 10, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I am in need of a code for centering any text used as a footer, and keeping it centered, maybe an auto margin, or center? The issue is, it's not staying centered on various size monitors. It is set for site wide currently. Hopefully there is an easy code or fix for this? I'm sure it's a case of operator error... :/ Everything else seems to be working beautifully!

Thanks in advance!

www.lemansstudios.com

Lee
Leman's Studios

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Could you post up your html and css from the footer block?

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    It looks like you've got a 650px margin somewhere, that's not allowing the footer to slide around as the window resizes. Where do you have that set? Instead of that you could get this CSS applied to the container:

text-align: center;

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    You could have a site-wide HTML block in your footer setup as simply as this:
    <div style="text-align:center; font-size: 24px; font-weight:bold;">FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY</div>

I tested it on my site in IE9, Chrome and FF on Win7, and Chrome on Android, seems fine.

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    I had it at 650 in the text container itself because that keeps it mostly centered on my main computer. As for adding it as a css, what is the code for the text / footer? I have no idea since the new system is in and what the changes are. :/ So wouldn't the css need to say something like .footer { text align: center}, as an example? or does it need to be .sm-footer or some such?
    Just lost with the changes made for the new stuff... :/
    Leman's Studios
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    Wow, The html worked like a charm! Thanks so much Andy! I greatly, greatly appreciate it. :)
    Leman's Studios
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    There is a lot of new stuff for sure!

From the sound of it you have a Text content block already in the entire site footer, I'd probably delete that and instead use an HTML content block with the
    I posted earlier... that has "inline CSS" which in this case probably isn't a big deal at all. If you'd like an HTML with CSS example I can post a version setup that way but it won't buy us anything that I can see.

Andy

edit: post-overlap -- glad to hear you got it! no problem at all.
  • Options
    caretocareto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 9, 2013
    Hello Andy,

Thank you so much for your help with the code, greatly appreciated.

Alberto
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    If you happen to return to this post, I messed up along the way trying to add other text, in short when I tried to replicate everything that had worked so well to get things back, not happening even as I enter css as before it will not show up at all. Any help appreciated.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    Andy, I fixed the problem, I had entered as css and not html. working fine now. thanks.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Thanks Andy. Really appreciate the time you have put in in help us "non-coders"
    Very generous of you.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com