Options

Back to the top of page ????

13»

Comments

• Options
    ButlerkidButlerkid Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    This is so that if a viewer has scrolled down the page........they can easily click an icon to immediately take them to the top of the same page they are viewing....
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    That is what the home key does.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    ButlerkidButlerkid Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    I'm not sure what home key you are referring to. If one selects the Home icon in the menu bar, it takes the viewer to the Homepage...... not to the top of whatever page/gallery the viewer was looking at.

Try it . Go to my gallery and select the Frogs gallery from the side menu......once you scroll to the bottom of the frog images, you can click on the fleur de lys icon to go back to the top of the frog gallery. If you select Home from the menu, it takes you to my Homepage.....
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Doesn't the HOME key on your keyboard do this?

I have to admit, my keyboard may be sitting over on my desk whilst I lounge just using a mouse...
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Butlerkid wrote: »
    I'm not sure what home key you are referring to. If one selects the Home icon in the menu bar, it takes the viewer to the Homepage...... not to the top of whatever page/gallery the viewer was looking at.

Try it . Go to my gallery and select the Frogs gallery from the side menu......once you scroll to the bottom of the frog images, you can click on the fleur de lys icon to go back to the top of the frog gallery. If you select Home from the menu, it takes you to my Homepage.....
    Home key on your keyboard.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Butlerkid wrote: »

Karen

The HOME key on a keyboard takes you to the top of the page. The END key takes you to the end of the page. Home and end are normally on the right of the keyboard near the number keys. It works in nearly all applications, not just the web.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Karen

The HOME key on a keyboard takes you to the top of the page. The END key takes you to the end of the page. Home and end are normally on the right of the keyboard near the number keys. It works in nearly all applications, not just the web.

This whole issue is why having a link makes sense. Lots of people do not use the keyboard to navigate a page.