Options

Contact me e-mail problem

Still In OhioStill In Ohio Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 10, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Greetings,

I am having an issue with the contact form. When I attempt to make a contact me link, after saving it displays my main account e-mail address in from field. I do have a profile e-mail address set up. I temporarily changed my main e-mail, when I did this the contact me reflected this change. After reverting back to my account e-mail, the contact me went right back to main account e-mail address.

This is not what I want. for obvious reasons.

Here is my site: http://bobhovartphotography.smugmug.com

Still in Ohio,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    BruinCubBruinCub Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2013
    Bob,

It seems like when you are logged into SmugMug, it'll auto-populate the from field with your account e-mail address presumably so that you can easily test the form. Once you log out, the field is blank and your visitors can enter their own email address.

Daniel
    Greetings,

I am having an issue with the contact form. When I attempt to make a contact me link, after saving it displays my main account e-mail address in from field. I do have a profile e-mail address set up. I temporarily changed my main e-mail, when I did this the contact me reflected this change. After reverting back to my account e-mail, the contact me went right back to main account e-mail address.

This is not what I want. for obvious reasons.

Here is my site: http://bobhovartphotography.smugmug.com

Still in Ohio,
    Bob
  • Options
    Still In OhioStill In Ohio Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2013
    Resolved this myself
    BruinCub wrote: »
    Bob,

It seems like when you are logged into SmugMug, it'll auto-populate the from field with your account e-mail address presumably so that you can easily test the form. Once you log out, the field is blank and your visitors can enter their own email address.

Daniel

Thanks for the advice Daniel.

The problem was it was a saved password for Smugmug, stored by Firefox. Went to tools/options/security/saved passwords. Deleted the saved password for SmugMug, now the e-mail link comes up unpopulated.

Bob