Options

Organize: can I move more than one gallery at a time?

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited August 10, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
OK, so it's starting to look like I need to organize my site into public and private sections. But I have hundreds of galleries. Is there a way to drag more than one gallery at a time? Please?

thanks,
Trish

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited August 10, 2013
    Yes. In the Organizer, click the folder that contains the galleries you want to move. Click the galleries thumbnails to select them, then drag the set of selected galleries to the folder in the list of folders on the left.

There is some help available for the organizer tool at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1210667-organize. Not enough, but it's a start...

One caveat - make sure that the browser your using works for drag and drop activities in smug. I'm always caught by that one because I'm using Windows 8 and the only browser that works for me for drag & drop activities in smug in that environment is IE. If I'm using my work computer running Windows 7 I can use IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

--- Denise
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Cool. That one wasn't so bad. Thanks
    Yes. In the Organizer, click the folder that contains the galleries you want to move. Click the galleries thumbnails to select them, then drag the set of selected galleries to the folder in the list of folders on the left.

There is some help available for the organizer tool at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1210667-organize. Not enough, but it's a start...

One caveat - make sure that the browser your using works for drag and drop activities in smug. I'm always caught by that one because I'm using Windows 8 and the only browser that works for me for drag & drop activities in smug in that environment is IE. If I'm using my work computer running Windows 7 I can use IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

--- Denise