Options

Need easy way to add Photo titles

PukkascottPukkascott Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I always thought it was odd that you could only add captions and keywords to images and video, with the filename being a option for sorting. With the new Smugmug there is also Photo Titles which, once entered, show up under the thumbnail image when the gallery is set to Collage Portrait. It is also possible to sort the gallery by Title.

This is great but all my old images and clips don't have a Title and individually clicking on them and adding them one by one could lead to madness. It's a shame that the legacy process of adding caption and keywords that is still accessible by new Smugmug doesn't have an option for Photo Title as well, making it easier to enter a large number of new Titles.

Personally I would like to just have the Photo Title under the thumbnails and only see the caption when the file is selected. Currently this is not an option and my video clips have a mixture of both.

Also when you replace a video thumbnail image with a new one [to find out how to do this search my threads] it appears that the Photo Title gets deleted, so make changes to the video thumbnail image before doing the Photo Title.

Scott
Scott Thomas
London Photography And Video

Comments

• Options
    charlesdalycharlesdaly Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Totally agree, Scott. Using caption displays a grey title with lower opacity than using a title and I find a caption pretty much gets lost between image number, keywords, share buttons. So, perhaps like you I started entering them manually. Well, that lasted about twenty minutes. It should be so easy, no?
    Thanks!
    Charles
    Port Credit. Canada
    http://charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Pukkascott wrote: »
    I always thought it was odd that you could only add captions and keywords to images and video, with the filename being a option for sorting. With the new Smugmug there is also Photo Titles which, once entered, show up under the thumbnail image when the gallery is set to Collage Portrait. It is also possible to sort the gallery by Title.

This is great but all my old images and clips don't have a Title and individually clicking on them and adding them one by one could lead to madness. It's a shame that the legacy process of adding caption and keywords that is still accessible by new Smugmug doesn't have an option for Photo Title as well, making it easier to enter a large number of new Titles.

[SNIP]
    Scott

Feature request logged (twice):
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography