Options

Any way to do this in NEW SM

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Yes, just create a new page from the Organize menu, then customise it to add a Discovery/Map widget, a Discovery/Keyword Cloud widget and a Photo/Multiple Photos widget which is configured to show your popular photos.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Can't you just create your own custom page, give it whatever URL you want and drop those widgets onto it? I guess the question is whether those widgets are all available to put on a page? Under the Discovery option, I see map, keyword cloud and search box. I don't see popular photos anywhere.

Ahhh, it looks like you can go to the popular photos page and then customize it by making it into a custom page and then dropping the other items onto it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013

I reproduced the page as much as I could despite the differences with the 'new' SmugMug. I hope you like it! http://soulgazephotography.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Website/Brandofamily/n-nLbHH

Go to organize and create a page. Title it whatever you want and save it. While viewing the page, click 'customize'. Ensure your view is on the green 'this page' customization menu.

1. Drag the following content blocks via 'discovery': map and keywords.
    2. Drag the 'photo' > 'multiple photos' content block to the right of the map.
    3. Drag an html content block and put it to the left of the keyword content block. Type nothing. For me, it disappeared, but the keywords were below popular photos as with the page we are duplicating.
    4. Don't forget to fill in the text for the content block's titles!

The options were default except with the popular photos content block:
    Action on click: open lightbox, layout: grid, Photo size: small, aspect ratio: 3:4, spacing: 24px, 1 row spacing, pagination: on, pagination: click.

I was unable to recreate the tiny squares, but the way the page is set up, you can 'view more' and keep browsing. They click the photo and the lightbox opens rather than to leave the search page, but you can change that to go to the gallery. I am accessing photos that I have keyworded 'featured' for this. At this time, I'm not sure how to pull from a popular photos. So I just titled it Popular Photos and those with 'featured' a keyword are those that are the most popular and my best work. Same concept for me, but hopefully someone can comment with a way to access popular photos that I missed if you prefer to pull from those.

Let me know if you need a more detailed explanation. Good luck! :D
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    I reproduced the page as much as I could despite the differences with the 'new' SmugMug. I hope you like it! http://soulgazephotography.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Website/Brandofamily/n-nLbHH

Go to organize and create a page. Title it whatever you want and save it. While viewing the page, click 'customize'. Ensure your view is on the green 'this page' customization menu.

1. Drag the following content blocks via 'discovery': map and keywords.
    2. Drag the 'photo' > 'multiple photos' content block to the right of the map.
    3. Drag an html content block and put it to the left of the keyword content block. Type nothing. For me, it disappeared, but the keywords were below popular photos as with the page we are duplicating.
    4. Don't forget to fill in the text for the content block's titles!

The options were default except with the popular photos content block:
    Action on click: open lightbox, layout: grid, Photo size: small, aspect ratio: 3:4, spacing: 24px, 1 row spacing, pagination: on, pagination: click.

I was unable to recreate the tiny squares, but the way the page is set up, you can 'view more' and keep browsing. They click the photo and the lightbox opens rather than to leave the search page, but you can change that to go to the gallery. I am accessing photos that I have keyworded 'featured' for this. At this time, I'm not sure how to pull from a popular photos. So I just titled it Popular Photos and those with 'featured' a keyword are those that are the most popular and my best work. Same concept for me, but hopefully someone can comment with a way to access popular photos that I missed if you prefer to pull from those.

Let me know if you need a more detailed explanation. Good luck! :D

Thanks... got it.
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Thanks... got it.

You're welcome!
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.