Slideshow settings question

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Posted this in the general new smug forum, where it was suggested it might require CSS, so throwing it out here too... I say in advance I am NOT CSS-savvy (and the last few times I tried - with a blog site - it was disastrous, so please offer suggestions clearly and at "CSS-stupid" level!!)

What I want: I have a single gallery I want to set to slide show; this slideshow will be where I direct the "action on click" of the very nice collage I'm using for my front page.

No problem setting the gallery to display a side show (found that easily under the gallery settings), or directing the home page to click through to it. So far so good.

HOWEVER. How do I adjust the settings of the slide show, eg dissolve, start options, time between images etc etc? I can't even create and then add a slideshow, since even if I go to customisation, the area where the slideshow is situated on the page just comes up with a green "Smugmug default content" box that I can't alter in any way. I haven't found anything in the gallery settings to allow me to make the changes either.

Ideas? divamum.smugmug.com is the page, and I currently navigation as I would like it - ie, clickthrough an image on the home page to start the slide show - but the default slide show is set to autorun (want it manual), the images are too small (would like to maximise the size on the page), and the transitions are too slow.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! (Or, Smug, if the customisations are going to appear for individual galleries at some point, I'll wait until you implement it!!)

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Anybody?

One suggestion would be to create a page and then embed a customised slideshow into that, but I don't see how I could then direct the front page gallery to click through to that page (since the only choices for that are do nothing/go to gallery/lightbox).