Options

How to change the background image on Sierra?

BulldoggieBulldoggie Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'd like to use the site style Sierra, but want to use my own background image on the home page. Is there some way to do that?
Drink like a camel, eat like a pig, feel like a lion!

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Bulldoggie wrote: »
    I'd like to use the site style Sierra, but want to use my own background image on the home page. Is there some way to do that?

Sure is. Pick that design, open the customize panel and then open the theme tab. You'll see the Sierra theme is chosen. Click the wrench tool to edit the theme, and on the background tab you'll find the spot to pick your own uploaded photo.

Hope that helps,

ann
  • Options
    BulldoggieBulldoggie Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    Sure is. Pick that design, open the customize panel and then open the theme tab. You'll see the Sierra theme is chosen. Click the wrench tool to edit the theme, and on the background tab you'll find the spot to pick your own uploaded photo.

Hope that helps,

ann

Many thanks!
    Drink like a camel, eat like a pig, feel like a lion!
  • Options
    tom_otom_o Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    I'm using Sierra as well, but I'm having a hard time getting the background image to 'stick' to the entire site. It was working for a week, but I checked today, and it's no longer on my homepage.

Redid the background image (entire site) via the customizer, and the image won't stay put, even though it shows that it's correctly applied in the dialogue box. Happens both in chrome and firefox.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 12, 2013
    tom_o wrote: »
    I'm using Sierra as well, but I'm having a hard time getting the background image to 'stick' to the entire site. It was working for a week, but I checked today, and it's no longer on my homepage.

Redid the background image (entire site) via the customizer, and the image won't stay put, even though it shows that it's correctly applied in the dialogue box. Happens both in chrome and firefox.

Thoughts?

Did your homepage have a different theme applied or something? It appears right now that the same background image appears across all your pages right now.

P.S. Love your Theme name.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    tom_otom_o Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    Sheaf wrote: »
    Did your homepage have a different theme applied or something? It appears right now that the same background image appears across all your pages right now.

P.S. Love your Theme name.

;)

www.tso-photo.com is my smugmug site. Got it working again. Had to go with another photo, and it took 5-6 tries at saving and publishing before the background was successfully applied across the entire site.