Deal: ACDSee™ 8 Photo Manager

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited December 9, 2005 in Flea Market
I know a couple of people who use this product and like it (actually an older version).

I saw this offer on techbargains.com and thought someone might be interested.

ACDSee™ 8 Photo Manager. Buy one, get one FREE on CD. One for you, one to gift away.

Organize, enhance, and share all your holiday photos in the blink of an eye.

Treat yourself, and get a FREE gift to give someone else. All for one low price.

You'll probably take lots of pictures this holiday season. With ACDSee, you can sort through thousands of family photos quickly, find the best ones, and organize them into customizable categories.

Find your pictures faster than ever before by typing keywords into the new Quick Search bar.
  • Create video (VCD) slide shows with custom audio and burn them to VCD for playback on your DVD player.
  • Create CDs and DVDs quickly and easily.
  • Use the new Photo Repair tool to fix common photo defects such as blemishes, flares, lens scratches, and other imperfections.
Buy ACDSee 8 now and get one FREE on CD: ACDSee 8 Photo Manager (English) - $49.99 USD

Here's the link to the offer if you're interested: THE LINK
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• galla47galla47 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    Cool promotion... Too bad I already own it.

I know the software has been debated, but in general I like ACDSee. They make it easy to catalog and sort your collection as well as burn it to DVD. It also has simple edits.

There are some shortcomings. Notably:
    1) While you can edit ITPC keywords and Captions, there is no way to bulk edit. And it does not sync with the internal ACDsee database. Searches on IPTC data is SLOW.
    2) You can't see all EXIF information. Most, but not all. The one field I know is missing is ISO from my Nikon D50 images. Funny, though it shows the ISO from my Olympus Stylus.
    3) I'm not thrilled with it's red eye correction. I like the correction in the free Adobe Album Starter MUCH better. Sometims I'll fire that up just to correct red-eye.

Even with these shortcomings, I do recommend it... and for $25 if you find a friend... it's a steal!