Options

Folders with Grid Format

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
On the legacy site I manually cropped and squared all my thumbs and selected one for the "feature"
thumb to be used on the parent folder/sub-cat page.

The New Smug uses a square of the whole image and displays it. This is not desired to me when the
parent folder/sub-cat is in grid format.

Feature request:
Allow the usage of the current selected featured "squared cropped thumb" for grid format on parent folders.

Holy #$%^^$ Batman I can not find "feature a thumb" or even a photo on NewSite.

Also they really messed up by removing cropping of multiple thumbs. Now you have to do one at a
time rather then going to next.:eek1
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Feature request:
    Allow the usage of the current selected featured "squared cropped thumb" for grid format on parent folders.

I think this was reported already here.

The whole square thumbs thing is really not well tested. There are so many options and settings that simply do not match. Sometimes you can select GRID, sometimes THUMBNAILS... both do not reuse already defined crops.
    Sometimes you can select "Original aspect ratio", but GRID layout does not. Pretty useless if you cannot specify how photos should get cropped to match the "grid ratio".
    For the FOLDERs content block you can specify layout "Vertical" and ratio "3:1" but the crop editor does not allow to set a fixed crop aspect ration 3:1 only 1:1 2:3 4:5 or 5:7. How should i defined a 3:1 crop so it matches the folder view when i select a 3:1 aspect ratio?

The whole site needs some finetuning on that.

I thought while the indexer is that slow right now i should create a temporary site that shows some of my photos in a grid that i will change when i upload new photos. But i can't accept the crops SM has selected.

Some more examples on where the whole crop and aspect ration thing is not working:
    Gallery style "Thumbnails" always shows square thumbnails
    Grid layout in MULTIPLE PHOTOs should allow original aspect ratio
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    On the legacy site I manually cropped and squared all my thumbs and selected one for the "feature"
    thumb to be used on the parent folder/sub-cat page.

The New Smug uses a square of the whole image and displays it. This is not desired to me when the
    parent folder/sub-cat is in grid format.

Feature request:

Holy #$%^^$ Batman I can not find "feature a thumb" or even a photo on NewSite.

Also they really messed up by removing cropping of multiple thumbs. Now you have to do one at a
    time rather then going to next.:eek1

Also see here: Featured Gallery Thumbs/Images
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography