my OVH domain is working in a strange way

grosloulougrosloulou Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
hallo,
in ovh i have redirected my domain labrophotography.com to labrophotography.smugmug.com.
i didn't use any "a" and "cname", just in my ovh manager a redirect tool.
so i didn't need to specify my domain in smugmug account settings. If i try it says a and cname are badly defined.
it seems to work fine but when you look carefully and go to galleries URL doesn't change.
when you click on left sidebar in a socila icon sometimes you see a blank page with a labrophotography.com URL.
if you select menu BLOG you are directed to labrophotography.blogspot.be but on blogger, if you click on different orange links like twitter, view my full profile,... again i have a white page with URL labrophotography.com.

any idea what happens ?

best regards
marc

Comments

• grosloulougrosloulou Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    grosloulou wrote: »
    hallo,
    in ovh i have redirected my domain labrophotography.com to labrophotography.smugmug.com.
    i didn't use any "a" and "cname", just in my ovh manager a redirect tool.
    so i didn't need to specify my domain in smugmug account settings. If i try it says a and cname are badly defined.
    it seems to work fine but when you look carefully and go to galleries URL doesn't change.
    when you click on left sidebar in a socila icon sometimes you see a blank page with a labrophotography.com URL.
    if you select menu BLOG you are directed to labrophotography.blogspot.be but on blogger, if you click on different orange links like twitter, view my full profile,... again i have a white page with URL labrophotography.com.

any idea what happens ?

best regards
    marc

just received an answer from smugmug and i am going to contact ovh to know where a and cname are hidden :

Hello

You did not set up your domain properly. You are using a masked domain, which is why the URL never changes. You'll need to follow the instructions as listed here:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93340-setting-up-a-custom-hostname-domain

1) CNAME > www > domains.smugmug.com
    2) A Record > @ > 208.79.45.23

You will need to remove the masking as well.

All the best
    Bobby
    SmugMug Support Hero