Options

Area Reserved For Default SmugMug Content ???

canderson1229canderson1229 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited August 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I hope someone can help here I've spent a couple of days is major frustration trying to fix this problem.

I added a content block in a slideshow but later decided to delete it after deciding on something else. Now I'm trying to do something else and its now in a content block with a lock on it and I can't delte it. I've tried everything. Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Make sure you're on it's layer, "just this.." "all gallereis" "all folders" "entire site"
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Make sure you're on it's layer, "just this.." "all gallereis" "all folders" "entire site"

Thanks Allen but I tried that. The only time I see it is at "all galleries" . Its in a green box and locked down. grrr so frustrating headscratch.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Encountered the same thing... I was trying to delete content block with a non-customizable gallery slide show to replace with a customizable gallery slide show, and can't delete the "default" block to do so. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just something that needs tweaking at Smug's end, but hope they see this and add it to the "do" list once they're past the first tidal wave of the changeover :)
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    I'm just using a collage for the time being; in fact, the slideshow was only an experiment after I saw somebody else's and liked it so it's not a big deal for me, but it would be cool to be able to customize the gallery slideshows the same way you can the one in the content blocks.... :)
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Yes, I was trying both too for the same reason, decided not to use the slideshow and now can't delete it. I can put another collage on top of it but the slideshow is still underneath.
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    There's a little X icon if you hover over All Galleries (etc), if you really want to remove all customizations for whatever you're on... Might be worth clicking that if you haven't done a lot of other things to that type of page.

Andy
  • Options
    mmytonmmyton Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    I am experiencing the same "Area Reserved ..." for "All Galleries".
    mytonphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    aschendel wrote: »
    There's a little X icon if you hover over All Galleries (etc), if you really want to remove all customizations for whatever you're on... Might be worth clicking that if you haven't done a lot of other things to that type of page.

Andy

I looked and could find no x anywhere .. Thanks though
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2013
    Isn't there anyone out there that can help with this issue?? I've been patiently waiting for a hero to help, I'm stuck on how to correct this problem, it needs to be removed.
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like in your customizer?

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    I had the same problem on my "About Me" page.
    I just created a New page and re-imported the 3 photos and text I used, then relinked that new About page to my menu link (basically abandoning the original 'problem' page).

Fortunately that was the only page where this problem occurred. I did email Smugmug Help and pointed them to this thread though, before I'd decided on using this workaround.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    Hi everyone,

I received a response from SmugMug Help:
    "Hi,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug. You do not have control over the Default SmugMug content area from the customizer screen, which is essentially your photos in the galleries themselves. You cannot edit the gallery content from the customize screen; but, you can use the organizer tool to upload or delete photos, rearrange them, add captions, etc.

If you have previously made a "page" in the old SmugMug, you were essentially using a photo gallery, but styling it into what looks more like a "page". Pages can be more easily created in the new SmugMug by simply clicking Organize > Create > Page, and then dragging and dropping whichever content blocks you want onto the page. It looks like you have already done this for your About page :)

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. Thank you, and have a great day!"
    So it turns out I'd already done what was mentioned after all (making a new page) before unveiling my site.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2013
    pmbpro wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I received a response from SmugMug Help:

So it turns out I'd already done what was mentioned after all (making a new page).

Thanks for posting!