Crowd

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited August 21, 2013 in Street and Documentary
Crowd-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    A lot going on here. I like that you captured many different expressions in one shot and they are all candid. I keep wondering why that woman is biting her finger.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    I'm really liking this! Interesting that everyone seems to be doing their own thing
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    This is a terrific shot, Eric. It's the most interesting group photo I've seen in a long, long time. Excellent work on the conversion as well. clap.gif Got yourself a real winner here.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    A lot going on here. I like that you captured many different expressions in one shot and they are all candid. I keep wondering why that woman is biting her finger.

Thanks for your comment David - appreciate the feedback!

To answer your question about the woman....

She was watching the Junior Lifeguards....
    Guts-XL.jpg

Do this!!
    Wheee-XL.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited August 15, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    I'm really liking this! Interesting that everyone seems to be doing their own thing
    Hey Cristóbal... Thanks for the look... it was a fun and interesting mix of humans.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited August 15, 2013
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    expressions make this shot

I agree Josh, it's what caught my eye - especially the girl in the lower left corner... she was engaging the boy behind her, shouting his enthusiastic support for the jumpers.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited August 15, 2013
    This is a terrific shot, Eric. It's the most interesting group photo I've seen in a long, long time. Excellent work on the conversion as well. clap.gif Got yourself a real winner here.

Tom
    Hi Tom!
    I'm glad this one holds interest - that's always a goal - I too was happy with the result.
    Thanks for your interest and comments Tom - always valued and appreciated.
    Best... E.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    The initial feeling I had looking at the first shot was a blend of excitement, underlying tension and mild anxiety which was right on once you gave the explanation of the event. This is one of those really interesting shots that make people think it's easy when it's REALLY just the opposite. You really nailed it! Bravo!
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
    edited August 16, 2013
    superduckz wrote: »
    The initial feeling I had looking at the first shot was a blend of excitement, underlying tension and mild anxiety which was right on once you gave the explanation of the event. This is one of those really interesting shots that make people think it's easy when it's REALLY just the opposite. You really nailed it! Bravo!
    Thanks so much for conveying your reaction and the positive feedback Steve, it's always good to know when a composition succeeds in catching a viewers eye.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    Very nice shot. If I had one thing to nit (and a very small one it is) it would be that the DOF covered the complete image. Every face seems to be saying something including the woman, bottom centre, and the man, top centre-right. But those two are ever so slightly soft.

I'd love to see more shots like this.
    edited August 18, 2013
    Thank-you very much for your comments michswiss - I've learned a ton from you and others here, so, it's great to get a shot that hits the mark.
    I can agree about greater DOF, and looking at exif (55mm - f8 - 1/2000 - ISO 400), I certainly had room for f11-f13.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Really like this as well for the many cool interactions and the expressions that you captured. Thanks for the backstory too!
  • JaimorJaimor Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    I really love all of the action going on in this but my eye immediately goes to the lady biting on her finger. What in the world is up? haha. I try not to chew on finger in public, but hey to each his own. I would buy this if I saw it in a gallery, very entertaining.