Options

Events: remove unlisted indicator and breadcrumbs and heart

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited August 14, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, so I have unveiled and am looking around. I would like to remove the following from all my events:

- the unlisted word that shows up on the gallery thumbnail
- the heart with the register favorites line
- the breadcrumbs (as they are a duplicate of my event title)

Anyone know how to do this?

Here's an example event and a marked up screenshot.

http://www.trishtunney.com/event/Endeavor-Summit/qEpMf5ekrFgdw

thanks!
Trish

Comments

• Options
    theresavtheresav Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    Here's what I did to remove the UNLISTED text from my galleries. In the My Folders section, add a CSS block and put this code in it.

I only use my site for my personal use so I don't have a fancy homepage--I just have the top level of folders listed there. I kept the UNLISTED badge on those folders, although I shifted it from the middle of my images to the upper right so it's not so prominent. Anyway, I say that to say that you might want to put the code in the Entire Site css block instead of just the All Folders block.
    .sm-tile-content .sm-badge-text {
      display: none;
    }

Sorry, I don't know how to edit the other things...hopefully someone else will be able to help with that.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    Thanks theresav, I found removing the heart was easy. There is a checkbox for that in Event Settings.
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    spider-t wrote: »
    Thanks theresav, I found removing the heart was easy. There is a checkbox for that in Event Settings.

Hey Trish, I really dont think its possible just yet. I have been working on this for a while as well. It appears there is not a special class for the Breadcrumb depending on where it is. So the breadcrumb on a page is the same as a breadcrumb on the events page. So without a distinction, there is no way to target it with CSS, and since the events pages are not editable, we cant put custom CSS on them. Without JavaScript support there is no way to read the URL or anything else from the page and target from that.

So the short version is there is not currently a way to remove the breadcrumb
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    Darn! Thanks Joey. What about the event title then? Can I make that invisible?

Trish
    jwashburn wrote: »
    Hey Trish, I really dont think its possible just yet. I have been working on this for a while as well. It appears there is not a special class for the Breadcrumb depending on where it is. So the breadcrumb on a page is the same as a breadcrumb on the events page. So without a distinction, there is no way to target it with CSS, and since the events pages are not editable, we cant put custom CSS on them. Without JavaScript support there is no way to read the URL or anything else from the page and target from that.

So the short version is there is not currently a way to remove the breadcrumb
  • Options
    theresavtheresav Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    You could try editing the way the breadcrumb looks to make it not quite so prominent on the page.

Go to All Galleries and select the Breadcrumb wrench. You then have a couple of choices: to turn the 'Show Current Page' off, or to turn the 'Emphasize Current Page' off.

It will affect all the galleries on your site, so you'll want to check several places on your site to make sure other pages look okay.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    It's weird, someone else pointed me to that so I just tried it. It changed all the breadcrumbs on my page EXCEPT the event page. :(

http://www.trishtunney.com/event/Endeavor-Summit/qEpMf5ekrFgdw

thanks!
    Trish
    theresav wrote: »
    You could try editing the way the breadcrumb looks to make it not quite so prominent on the page.

Go to All Galleries and select the Breadcrumb wrench. You then have a couple of choices: to turn the 'Show Current Page' off, or to turn the 'Emphasize Current Page' off.

It will affect all the galleries on your site, so you'll want to check several places on your site to make sure other pages look okay.