Breadcrumbs need the Browse Page

pkzpkz Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 18, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
There's the HOME icon, then Browse, then I enter a gallery and the Breadcrumb changes to HOME icon -> GalleryName.

It should be HOME Icon, Browse, GalleryName.

its annoying for a user to click the Browse link at the top, or hit home, then click the Browse link just to get back to Galleries.

Can this be changed? Browse needs to be in the breadcrumb. Users are having trouble navigating.

Pete

Comments

• sueseassueseas Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    I agree. Please add the Browse Page to Breadcrumbs!
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    There might be another scenario where the full breadcrumb might be useful: If you are using custom pages.

I created a page "Activity" where i have added a list of recent galleries and photos.

If someone goes to Home > Activity and selects one of the recent galleries the breadcrumb changes to Home > Folder > Gallery.

Maybe SM doesn't know from which page someone get to a folder or gallery and thats why Browse or the name of the CustomPage is not added to the breadcrumb. For sure it would be useful.

A similar thread can be found here...
  • southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    Breadcrumbs, by default, take you ALL the way back from where you started. Why this was implemented this way is a wonder. PLEASE bring back the total breadcrumb from WHERE EVER you started - SM pages, Custom pages, just where ever you originated and started drilling down. Thanks!