Options

Animated AND transparant?

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited August 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I found this neat animated png file that I want to use. How can I edit it to get a transparent background with animation.
I can get it working with the original black background, but I cannot PS the blackout and keep the animation.

copyright-O.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited August 15, 2013
    I found this neat animated png file that I want to use. How can I edit it to get a transparent background with animation.
    I can get it working with the original black background, but I cannot PS the blackout and keep the animation.

copyright-O.gif

Come on all you tech type folks. Someone know how to do it.....:D
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    I'm not where I can try right now, but I would try assembling the animation by first making the background on each frame transparent, and see if that works. In CS6 then I'd open all the frames, and individually one by one select (color match) the color I wanted as background, and clear it, then animate from the frames.

I have no idea if it works. I have not seen animated, transparent GIF's (at least that I recall). But that would be my place to start.

Incidentally can't see whatever it is you attached in the OP, it just comes through as an X.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2013
    Ferguson wrote: »
    I'm not where I can try right now, but I would try assembling the animation by first making the background on each frame transparent, and see if that works. In CS6 then I'd open all the frames, and individually one by one select (color match) the color I wanted as background, and clear it, then animate from the frames.

I have no idea if it works. I have not seen animated, transparent GIF's (at least that I recall). But that would be my place to start.

Incidentally can't see whatever it is you attached in the OP, it just comes through as an X.

Thanks for input.
    I don't think Dgrin likes the animated image I attached so it killed it.