Music in new design

SergeBerrardVisualsSergeBerrardVisuals Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited November 14, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
In the legacy smugmug, adding this simple HTML5 code :
<html><audio src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/167021112/Acoustic Alchemy - Jamaica Heartbeat.mp3&quot; autoplay controls loop></audio></html>
in a gallery description works perfectly as you can see/hear here : http://smu.gs/1a6o6Qx

Now, after adding an "html block" in a gallery created in the new design and including the html code above, not only it does not work but the code and the html-block are removed by the system... why please ???

By the way, having not migrated my site, my tests use the "preview mode", so, could somebody test the code above in the "true" new design environment please ?
Thanks in advance,
Serge

Comments

• The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    KB&HF Prod,

The audio code will not work in the New SmugMug.
  • SergeBerrardVisualsSergeBerrardVisuals Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    KB&HF Prod,

ah, so I've to migrate to the New Zenfolio.
  • BillspicsBillspics Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 15, 2013
    I too used music in one of my galleries in my legacy website but was told by SmugMug that it isn't yet possible with the New SmugMug. This is disappointing because my one gallery is for a small company I do work for. ..and yes the music could be turned off if wanted and I had the copyright permission.
  • SergeBerrardVisualsSergeBerrardVisuals Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    Billspics wrote: »
    I too used music in one of my galleries in my legacy website but was told by SmugMug that it isn't yet possible with the New SmugMug. This is disappointing because my one gallery is for a small company I do work for. ..and yes the music could be turned off if wanted and I had the copyright permission.
    Thanks Billspics for sharing your view.
    Searching in dgrin shows that a lot of people are disappointed to not see music available in the new design.
    The bad news, as for the homepage fullscreen slideshow, javascript, statcounter, music, deep customization... SM downgraded its product.
    The good news, SM competitors as zenfolio, squarespace, photoshelter... offer music possibiities and upgrade regularly their products. (zenfolio pre-announcing new stuffs coming next weeks, announcing also today the possibility to create and sell photo-books for their customers)
    So it's up to us...
    Thanks again.
  • printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    Wow. How disappointing. While I don't use music for my entire site (I personally find it annoying), I did have it on a certain page of my site (my portfolio review). In my market ALL of the wedding photographers in my area have music as a feature on their site. Sort of "sets" the brides in a mood to view their portfolios, I guess. This definitely puts me at a disadvantage when put head to head with many of their "emotionally" capturing wedding sites. Sigh. And I just renewed my copyrights to my songs for another year. What a bummer and waste of money now.
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
    edited August 17, 2013
    Wow. How disappointing. While I don't use music for my entire site (I personally find it annoying), I did have it on a certain page of my site (my portfolio review). In my market ALL of the wedding photographers in my area have music as a feature on their site. Sort of "sets" the brides in a mood to view their portfolios, I guess. This definitely puts me at a disadvantage when put head to head with many of their "emotionally" capturing wedding sites. Sigh. And I just renewed my copyrights to my songs for another year. What a bummer and waste of money now.
    Thank you for your feedback Nora.
  • eawuckereawucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2013
    KB&HF Prod,

Any idea how long until we get music back?
  • printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2013
    Thank you for your feedback Nora.

Are you still on the old Smug? I only ask because I notice you have music on your site's opening page.
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
    edited September 5, 2013
    Are you still on the old Smug? I only ask because I notice you have music on your site's opening page.

yes Nora, still in old smugmug unfortunatly, and currently removing music everywhere in order to migrate.
    I regret to not get answer from SM about systematicaly removing a very simple audio html5 code (not javascript) in their html blocks... like here : [URL=]http://smu.gs/17I1Pnp][/URL] (*)
    if you can ask from your side too, thanks in advance.
    Serge.

(*) here is the html5 code used, very simple isn't it ? :
    <audio src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/167021112/Acoustic Alchemy - Jamaica Heartbeat.mp3&quot; autoplay controls loop>
    </audio>
    edited October 4, 2013
    KB&HF Prod,

Any update on this or will this be changing in the future?
    edited November 14, 2013
    Question?
    KB&HF Prod,

Will it ever change to enable audio code once again?

Emil