Options

where the hell did my banner go??

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited August 17, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
i just went to my site, and my banner is gone!! WTF???? now there's nothing to even tell a visitor what site they're on!! i am really getting tired of this stuff...
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    edited August 14, 2013
    now it's back... something is really - REALLY - flaky here. i NEVER had that happen with my old site!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    markmicallefmarkmicallef Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    squirl033 wrote: »
    now it's back... something is really - REALLY - flaky here. i NEVER had that happen with my old site!

Not there for me, wasn't there last week when I looked at your site.
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    Looks like you got hit by the randomly 404-ing images problem that SmugMug has been having over the last day.

I would reupload your logo and update the link to point to the new one.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Looks like you got hit by the randomly 404-ing images problem that SmugMug has been having over the last day.

I would reupload your logo and update the link to point to the new one.

i had the same problem today! i went to my site, no banner. i logged in, there it was. when i logged back out, still there. when i closed my browser, then opened it again and returned to my site, my banner was gone again. this happened with both Chrome AND Firefox. WTF??? hey, SM, when will this get fixed?? this is NOT okay!!
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    I'm not getting it either. I'm sure it was there a few days ago though when I looked at your site.

On FF v22 I'm getting nothing for the banner. On IE10 I get an empty box.

i-sZcHx93-M.jpg
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    I'm not getting it either. I'm sure it was there a few days ago though when I looked at your site.

On FF v22 I'm getting nothing for the banner. On IE10 I get an empty box.

i-sZcHx93-M.jpg

i just re-uploaded the banner image, and it's there when i log in, why would it disappear if i log out or try to pull up my site with a different browser? i use mostly Chrome, but Firefox is my "backup". why doesn't my banner show up all the time like it's supposed to??? why doesn't it appear when i use Firefox?

note: i am not using a "title block"... i can't get the look i want using SM's available fonts, so i uploaded the image file that i used for the banner on my old site, and inserted a photo block where i want the banner to be, then dragged the proper image from one of my galleries... does the new SM have a problem with that???
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    i went back in using each browser - Firefox, Internet Exploder and Chrome, and "re-pubilshed" the site with the new title block image, then closed each browser and re-opened it, and tried again... title block was there. what kind of weird-ass deal is that? do we have to publish our sites all over again for each browser to make them work???
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Your banner image isn't in a gallery that has external embedding turned off in the settings, is it?
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Your banner image isn't in a gallery that has external embedding turned off in the settings, is it?

that shouldn't matter, should it? as i understand it, that setting is to allow me to embed images from my site onto others, as i might with images from Photobucket...
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Is it in a "private" gallery? It sounds like you are only able to see it when you log in, and then your browser is caching it.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Is it in a "private" gallery? It sounds like you are only able to see it when you log in, and then your browser is caching it.

yeah, the source image is in a private gallery. but if i drag the image to my homepage, shouldn't that be visible all the time regardless of whether i'm logged in or not?? it always worked fine with my old site...
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    The old SmugMug didn't even have private galleries, as far as I recall (only unlisted). Try moving it to an unlisted gallery.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    The old SmugMug didn't even have private galleries, as far as I recall (only unlisted). Try moving it to an unlisted gallery.

okay. i'll try that and see if it makes a difference. seems to be working fine now though... we'll see how it does tomorrow!
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,197 moderator
    edited August 17, 2013
    I'm seeing your banner in Safari.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2013
    It's now displaying for me too, I guess it was being in a private gallery that did it.