Options

How do I connect to my checkout?

cactuscactus Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited August 16, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I have no cart buttons whatsoever in the lightbox? I'd like social buttons too. I've finally got my site looking great actually. Well I like it. I'm using both the landscape and portrait collages. I have been using code for the first time in my life and have almost been up for 72 hours now. Mechanic has been very helpful but what do I do. I found a great post for people scrolling around and how to pop your own carts on the actual site walls but OK, they still can't use them to purchase anything, they're not connected to my checkout (URL) yet that wouldn't work either. It's more a courtesy thing to check up as you go.

Is this a MAC problem? I followed Mechanics instructions for right click protection and bam, no problem, worked a treat but I'm so frustrated that there is no buttons there guys (in lightbox at all), you should have put them on and had opt out in settings or the flick or a switch. I mean it's the only way they can purchase through a collage right, hit add to cart while in light box? I have the social links on my gallery walls too but why is there no custom URL for every specific pic? I know you're under a huge amount of pressure with all this, it must be insane. Also I'm SO tired, is the checkout a generic URL??? Or a private one each, I'm not in a good way :) I have pretty much just posted pics over the last year I liked but now I have no money and have, no job and have thrown myself into massive promotional launch and then Picture Defence is stuck in my profile from the minute I switched over, my site had almost 3,000 hits just after I unveiled and went live and didn't tell anyone one so is the theft rumour/problem a serious reality guys? Can you please help me investigate this? Have I just been jacked of all my pics too? I can't deactive picture defence either. I really need some help here.

Seriously if anyone answers this, please speak to me like I'm 4 OK, it's code, I don't do code, PEACE OUT and I hope things calm down for you soon but HELP!!!

Comments

• Options
    ceasleyceasley Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    Are you sure you have your shopping cart turned on for the gallery you're having problems with? I just checked my site while logged off and I see the ADD to CART button at the bottom of the lightbox photos.
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

Photography is my vehicle for discovery!
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Thank you ceasley, yes my cart is on, thanks for the response.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited August 16, 2013
    When I click on a photo on your homepage I see the photo in lightbox but the URL doesn't change.

When I click to the lightbox from a gallery on my site I see a change in the URL to include the gallery name and the buy button appears.

When I click on a photo on the homepage of Andy's www.moonriverphotography.com site the URL changes to include the gallery name and a buy button appears.

How are you placing your photos on the homepage?
    If you click into a gallery on your site is the buy button there?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Thanks SO much for answering Denise, no buy button appears at all, no icons, nothing! This is the interesting thing though, when I'm in ORGANISE and open the gallery and click on a photo, it pops it into a lightbox, all the icons appear, WITH A CHANGED URL, but still no buy button. Yet this is not reciprocated on my homepage?? It's seriously driving me nuts. I'm only displaying one gallery in Dash, I love the collage effects, so I have 2 pages of it so you can view it in landscape and portrait. I have no buy button, I used mechanics code to customise my right click protection and it worked brilliantly, I then realised I didn't have any buy buttons so I went back to get one of his and even they don't work. He was helpful. I have even gone as far as trying to insert the code using 3 different browsers. I'm a MAC user and use Safari, I found another woman with the same problem with IE 10 but all she needed to do was switch browsers and it worked for her. I've also now tried 2 different MAC's, and iPad and 2 PC's to no avail. I took a bunch of screen shots and made a folder with an e-mail to the help section last night. I've not been on the forums much but see you everywhere. Would you like access to that folder I can PM it to you,
    Many thanks,
    Paul
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    oh I'm selecting my gallery to display through customise, on my entire site, then separated my homepage so I could change the layout from portrait to landscape
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    OK so I just deleted my gallery and created an entirely new one, popped it in and there is no difference? I wonder why this is happening?
    Another REALLY annoy thing that is happening too is when you scroll down the collage page and open a photo in lightbox, when you close it, bam you're back at the top of the page. I also checked out your website and the other one, both wonderful work!!
    I get the different URL ONLY when I'm back stage organising but not when I come back to my page, every single photo has the same URL? But it doesn't inside the organiser? Oh why is this happening, Laughing.gif, (I have to laugh or I'll go mad) I announced to all my friends and photog circles I'd un veiled and I got over 5,000 hit. No buy button or add to cart button.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    What about clicking into a gallery? You don't have a link to a gallery that I can see. What happens if you click into a full gallery as opposed to photos shown on your home page? Is the gallery you are referencing on your homepage public?

The thing that seems odd to me is that clicking into lightbox from your homepage does not take me to the photo with that gallery URL on it. It feels like the photos on your homepage are all treated as individual photos as opposed to photos in a gallery.

If you click on a photo on my Kaleidoscope page you are taken to that photo in lightbox, but if you close the lightbox you are in the gallery.

You might try contacting the helpdesk. (I know, I would expect them to respond here as well, but I think they are a bit swamped.)

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Thanks Denise, I don't actually have that gallery on my site, maybe that's is the problem, I'm just using the photo's from it? I have had some great help from another guy also who seemed to think it was definitely a linking problem too. I took multiple screen shots, created a file gallery for the help desk with an e-mail but I know they swamped. I ripped my page apart, created a new gallery and tried 2 more themes, same problem but ISIS worked for 2 minutes, then kaput. I'm going to place that gallery at the bottom of my page and get the photo from there. Thank you again, people like you are one in a million these days. I really appreciate your input.
    Paul
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    cactus wrote: »
    Thanks Denise, I don't actually have that gallery on my site, maybe that's is the problem, I'm just using the photo's from it?
    Not having the gallery on your site would definitely cause a problem with the buy button - you can't sell photos on smug using the smug shopping cart if they aren't on your smug site.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    They are uploaded and on smug mug, I'm just choosing the photos I want to display like I did on the old site, but no URL info is coming across with it. I'm going to try and pop the folder it's in on my homepage. Actually I did have the gallery on my home old homepage. Thanks again
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    I would have them open in the Gallery as opposed to the Lightbox, as this will give them the add to cart feature. I am asking my product team about adding the cart into these types of Lightboxes.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Denise you are a super star, I popped the Folder with the gallery in it on my site wide page, and now display them on my homepage as I wanted, thank you so much for you time and very precious thoughts. I can't thank you enough. It really has been a terrible week, it's a bit clunky but it's doing what I want for now Thanks SO much!!!!

mbonocore, the add to cart within the lightbox is available. That is what I have been stressing over, with the help of Denise, I now have add to cart in my lightbox.

Click on my site to see. I have to rebuild a bit of it though
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Denise this is why i've been so stressed. I unveiled on the 13th.
    Photo Views
    THIS MONTH
    95-98% of those are from that date on :(

I know that might not be a big deal for some, but for me it was my big attempt at relaunching my career this week and no cart button or checkout. That is why I can't thank you enough.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    cactus wrote: »
    Denise you are a super star, I popped the Folder with the gallery in it on my site wide page, and now display them on my homepage as I wanted, thank you so much for you time and very precious thoughts. I can't thank you enough. It really has been a terrible week, it's a bit clunky but it's doing what I want for now Thanks SO much!!!!
    I'm glad I was able to help!

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Yes now I need about 5 valuim's ROFL!!!!!!! Oh and mbonocore, you do still need to leave it checked on open in gallery, I was wrong, don't switch it to open in lightbox.