Gallery expiration

sbphoto0124sbphoto0124 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited November 17, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
When will we have the option to have galleries expire after a certain time frame? This has been a requested feature now for years and on my top list.

Comments

• taylowataylowa Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    I'm going to guess this will be a never. Reason I say that, is that this same request was posted Jan 22, 2010 on the uservoice site and has 437 votes and 58 comments and hasn't had an admin reply since Anne did on August 15, 2011. This is a very much wanted (and needed) enhancement that I can't believe wasn't added when the new site was released.
    edited March 24, 2014
    Any Updates?
    Hey, are we ever going to get an update about this?
    edited May 20, 2014
    I'm still guessing this is a never.
  • thelincsterthelincster Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2014
    I think we should just keep posting multiple times per day on this thread until SM gets the message that we need gallery expiration.
    edited November 16, 2016
    Any updates on this?
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 17, 2016
    This is one of the more requested features however we're currently working on some other things that we're excited to release for you and aren't working on Gallery Expiration at this time. If you'd like to follow along with any updates, please vote on this topic at our Feedback Forums: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/455213-set-gallery-expiration-dates-within-gallery-settin. Any updates will be made there. The entire SmugMug Product Team monitors the Feedback Forums and will be your best bet for updates and any discussion regarding how it would work.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

@sbphoto0124 said:
    When will we have the option to have galleries expire after a certain time frame? This has been a requested feature now for years and on my top list.

As a temporary fix, you can inform clients of their expected date of expiration and then once that date comes, change their password and even make their folder/gallery private. They'll no longer have access.

Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins

@Soul Gaze Photography said:

@sbphoto0124 said:

As a temporary fix, you can inform clients of their expected date of expiration and then once that date comes, change their password and even make their folder/gallery private. They'll no longer have access.

If you have one or two clients a week no biggie. But when you are shooting 20 a week that is a lot of emailing and changing for something that can be automated and is automated with other companies. Some of Smug Mug's competition not only auto expire gallery, they will auto email the designated person 7 days before and then 1 day before the gallery expires.

We just want what they have :D