Options

some new, some repeats

fadeoutfotofadeoutfoto Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 16, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Hi all. Brand new to the forum. Thanks for taking time to read this. Have searched and searched, finding some people are having similar issues. Some things I could not find mentions of. Also have seen tons of people's new designs and I'm floored by the design creativity, and the amazing photos. Can't wait for SM to get all these issues/bugs sorted out. Once they do, this will be the best thing ever.

So my site is fadeoutfoto.smugmug.com. I haven't finished uploading all my content yet, but the basics are there and the site is live.

issues:

-having same favicon issue as lots folks

-when choosing a featured image for restricted galleries (others complain about this too), I wish there was a 'create security exception' button when selecting that image. Don't want to have to add images
from each gallery to a second unrestricted gallery just to use it as the restricted gallery's cover photo.

-Cant pin my background image. Would really like to have it be static during scrolling, and have the black lines between my images be 'transparent' to show the background image. Anyone have a css code to do this? I literally know nothing about programming but can copy and past and follow directions like a champ : )

-Wish my menu bar had a transparency slider so I could make the background image (which will hopefully be pinned) show through a little bit behind it.

-I had an order come in from a wedding, after I went live. There should be a quicker way to go to order approval section than having to go to account settings->etc. Add a 'Sales' button to the drop down menu?

-setting pricing for individual galleries should be easier. And put date of creation meta next to the lists so its easier to keep them organized.

-When is customize mode, it should be possible to switch to other pages instead of having to 'Preview', or 'publish now', change pages, then go back into customize mode. Command-Click or something?

-And...when 'publish now-'publish later'-'cancel' options come up, you should be able to click 'skip changes' as a form of undo in case you screw something up.

-dang. one more. Is there a way to have a film strip at the bottom of the lightbox after clicking on a photo? My main website (fadeoutfoto.com) has this and its a necessity to me.

thanks in advance for any help/links/etc!

Cheers