Options

Why don't my galleries appear when I browse and click on a Folder?

kaneohebudkaneohebud Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Sorry for being so obtuse but Smug Mug Heroes, because you work with this stuff all day long, are assuming much more understanding on the part of the pro users than we really have.

When you tell me to "make sure you click it in the right pane and drag it into a folder in the left pane" Where do I find"panes? Am I supposed to be in "Organize Site" or "Customize Site?" What if I want to put galleries within galleries? Is that possible?
Can you walk me through step by step from my homepage?

What are "breadcrumbs?" How do they work?

Tell your Help technicians that they need to put step by step actions in their guidance. Otherwise, we all will be spending months screwing with this trying to get back to where we were before Smug Mug changed. I'm busy shooting and processing photos. I don't have time to wrestle with my web site.

I'm very frustrated because when a client clicks on "Browse," he is taken to my folders - but, when he clicks on a folder, my galleries do not appear.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    Go to any of your old category pages. Like /Other.
    This is now just a folder on the new site.

Click customize > customize site
    In the flyout drawer on the right highlight "all folders".
    Go below and click navigation to expand it.
    Look for Folders and drag it out onto your page under the breadcrumb.
    It'll look something like ... > Other
    Drag around till you see it change into a wide green box and let go of mouse.
    Click the wrench
    In the "Select from" drop pick what you want to show.
    Start with "Current location"

This folder will now show on every folder page, old cats and sub-cats, etc.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    kaneohebudkaneohebud Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    Allen: I'm not sure how it worked but I followed your advice and all of a sudden everything is working the way it is supposed to. Maybe one day I will become familiar with the how/why aspects of the new Smug Mug. In the interim, thanks for getting me straightened out. See the result of your guidance at: www.budralstonphotography.com

Thanks, Bud
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    kaneohebud wrote: »
    Allen: I'm not sure how it worked but I followed your advice and all of a sudden everything is working the way it is supposed to. Maybe one day I will become familiar with the how/why aspects of the new Smug Mug. In the interim, thanks for getting me straightened out. See the result of your guidance at: www.budralstonphotography.com

Thanks, Bud
    Great. The only thing I see is you dragged the folder box to above your breadcrumb.
    You can go into a folder like /Travel and drag it below the breadcrumb.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog