Options

a real BLOG

everydaymemorieseverydaymemories Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited August 17, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
The thing that's holding me back from loving my Smugmug site 100% is the lack of an integrated full blogging system.

I know a few ways to create something like a blog here (and I have done so) but it feels so clunky and tedious. It's a ridiculous rigamarole to me, as someone who has been blogging with Wordpress for many years.

Then, even if I decide to deal with piecing together something like a blog here, the requirement that our visitors log in with FB or SM makes it worthless anyway. I've had people tell me they can't figure out how (the tiny comment icon is hard to see) and that they don't want to use FB.

I would love SM to be my all-in-one website, but I think I'm going to have to pay even more money to keep using Wordpress, which is a bummer.

However, I have read that an integrated blog here is in the works. Can you give me a vague timeframe for that? I mean, is it more likely this year or more than a year from now?

Thank you!
Michele
michelekendzie.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    nine22nine22 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2013
    The RSS feed works, but does not have any way to navigate, you've found that out and why you list your blog post by the month, however that is very clunky to do that, and i've emailed multiple times to see if I was doing something and The hero said they were putting in the fix so the RSS feed is actually useful.
    nine22.smugmug.com