Options

Featured photo for locked gallery?

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited August 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
SM you're killing me... I can't have a featured photo on a passworded gallery? :huh
I don't have the patience to create a gallery full of non-passworded images to source for all my passworded gallereis:cry

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    SM you're killing me... I can't have a featured photo on a passworded gallery? eek7.gif
    I don't have the patience to create a gallery full of non-passworded images to source for all my passworded gallereis:cry
    I just flipped to my legacy site and set a featured photo for a gallery and it immediately showed on the
    parent folder. Then switched back to NewSmug and it showed there also.

In another gallery on NewSmug I set one of the photos to "Feature Image" in gallery settings and it worked.

Both are passworded galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I just flipped to my legacy site and set a featured photo for a gallery and it immediately showed on the
    parent folder. Then switched back to NewSmug and it showed there also.

In another gallery on NewSmug I set one of the photos to "Feature Image" in gallery settings and it worked.

Both are passworded galleries.

Oh, it works if I reset them all now that the new code is out. But I have at least 100 galleries that are locked, not to mention the folders that need an image. I just finished ranting in another thread you responded to regarding this and setting the gallery to allow external links. You can read my rant if you're at all interested.
  • Options
    T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Oh, it works if I reset them all now that the new code is out. But I have at least 100 galleries that are locked, not to mention the folders that need an image. I just finished ranting in another thread you responded to regarding this and setting the gallery to allow external links. You can read my rant if you're at all interested.

Does it really work even if you reset them? I get the impression that the featured image on a pwd protected gallery is only visible when you are logged in.
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • Options
    RutroRutro Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Does it really work even if you reset them? I get the impression that the featured image on a pwd protected gallery is only visible when you are logged in.

I have been updating from Galleries to Folders and resetting the feature images for Protected galleries and they don't show unless you are logged in.... Help!!
    RutroRutro Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2013

Make sure that you have the External Embedding enabled from the Gallery Settings> Security & Privacy section.

That fixes it!
    schatautschataut Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    I went nuts with this issue myself and finally got some help. Like Rob indicated "External Embedding" enabled takes care of it. This also fixes issue where you are using password protected photos in a smart galleries.